Alterbags - Alternative Electric Skateboard Bags for Everyone!

Hi guys, Ken from Alterbags here.

This pretty much began as a small project to develop a robust and functional bag for carrying electric skateboards, especially when we spend our entire day out and about and mall grabbing our rides is just simply uncomfortable for an extended period of time. There simply weren’t many viable options available back when we started working on this last year.

On 12th April 2019, our first line of bags, the Native Backpacks, were launched on our website shipping worldwide. We received tremendous support not only from the local eskate community here in Singapore but also from international eskaters.
Our initial batch of bags have since been sold out and have been shipped to our customers.

We are now accepting pre-orders now for our next batch and with an estimated ship date to be by late August 2019!

Do stay tuned on our social media channels and website for more news on future availability as well as more specifications, features of our bags and also the different boards that we tested our bags on.

In the meantime feel free to ask me any questions and I will try my best to answer them!

Website: www.alterbags.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alter.bags/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alter.bags/

Some pictures of our Native Backpacks:

20 Likes

How comfy is it with Lacroix?

2 Likes

The Lacroix is pretty heavy in it. It’s still doable, but I don’t know about long walks. I use it so I can ‘bundle’ all my gear up when I get on the train. Then a few blocks to my work, that way it’s all in one package, no worry about dropped glove, lost ____ or “where did my ____ go?!”.

It’s a well built backpack. Just be careful removing it from your back and such, it does put a lot of stress on the plastic buckles and there’s not a lot of ‘give’ in them like some hiking backbacks (I have 3 or 4 Osprey backpacks that I use for other stuff).

I mean, let’s be honest, the Lacroix isn’t really ‘portable’ as it stands. Nothing too crazy, but this bag is a great option for shorter hikes and such, I love the zipper top so storage isn’t an issue. I can fit my laptop in there just fine, along with my lunch and any other crap I need to take to and from work.

All and all, I love it. I wish the shoulder arms had a little more padding (because I’m carrying a beast of a board) but that’s more on what I’m using it for than the backpack. For regular sized esk8’s I’d imagine it’s perfect.

Couple pics at home and at work (this is the larger one, FYI)

7 Likes

I love it, I’ll have to pick one up sometime.

1 Like

Thanks for the review! Appreciate all the feedback!

SINGAPORE!!!
Will for sure check you guys out when I come home this summer!

2 Likes

Awesome. Should join us for some group rides too!

1 Like

I live in the US now, and i cbf to try bring my board to sg

2 Likes

LHB Witchblade GT on our Native Maxi Backpack for reference. The board weighs about 25 lbs or 11.3kg.

Head to our ig page, @alter.bags, for more examples of boards we tested our bags on!

4 Likes

More customer submissions

Off Road Days

4 Likes

I have two questions… I have the haya hb83 which is 32 inches long which is right in between the two sizes and I also have a lot of books for school, so which should I get?

2nd… if I ordered a backpack right now when would I get it?

Thanks!

Orders are estimated to start shipping late August.
I would recommend the Mini for a better fit, depending on how many books you have the Maxi might be the way to go.

1 Like

Arcboard Finix + Native Maxi Backpack Arc Edition

2 Likes

Some ride footage with the Native Maxi Backpack!

1 Like

Some updates on what has been going on.

Do sign up for our mailing list to get these updates right in your inbox!

Edit: Added a blog page instead to help with the updates!

1 Like

Since we’re seeing larger and heavier boards, are you looking into making something more robust for the “heavy haulers”? I’d love to see something with better shoulder straps and maybe even a waist buckle!

I love the open/close of it, so I can have the board against my back, that part works perfectly, but as a bigger dude, with a bigger board, heftier straps and buckles would be awesome.

Keep up the great work! I love the backpack.

2 Likes

Playing nice with all brands

Gotcha !

Riding in downtown Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

3 Likes