All Wheels Kegel core hub

All metal kegel cores suffer from this. BN-m1 drives kegel pins, at least mine, are small enough that it isn’t so bad. But the bearing problem is serious. I have to hammer mine in and out on my metal core wheels. Integrated spacers are an extra pain, so I don’t use them, but I have successfully gotten them out before. They weren’t intact afterwards, but I got them out.

Kegel core wheels that haven’t been mentioned:

Infinity hubs: decent, but don’t fit all kegel setups.

Flash 125 airless: unobtanium but most excellent wheels I’ve ever ridden

Hyperdrive 100mm: slippery when wet, otherwise great

Boosted 105//verreal mad wheels: they’re the same thing in different colors. Heard nothing but love but haven’t ridden em.

Hollow wheels: will show up eventually. High hopes.

Don’t know if they still exist but moon had some kegel hubs at one point.

There’s another kegel cored pneumatic hub but I can’t remember it. I think @PedroMcJimenez knows.

3 Likes

I think you’re thinking of the Janux Quattro hubs which I’ve linked.

Nahh issa relatively new one. I coulda swore they were by superbeast but I didn’t see em on their site.

1 Like

All i can think of is @Bavioze hubs, whuch the infinity hubs are based off iirc

1 Like

Huh I wonder who linked the ones I saw. Coulda swore it was you lol. Oh welllll.

1 Like

This is my next build promise :joy:

5 Likes

oh baby I need a set, those look pretty

1 Like

I’m running Onsra wheels with Boardnamics pullies:

They didn’t really fit together.
They went in half way and then bumped against something inside the holes.
Mold seam maybe?
I wound up hammering them on until some thread was showing and then cranking down the bolt to seat them the rest of the way. I worried I was destroying the bearings but so far so good.
I don’t look forward to separating them when these Onsras wear out tho.

1 Like

I need to use 2 prybars for my eovan wheels. Just par for the course with rubber airless I guess.

oh they might actually be Eovan wheels… I bought them from another guy so not sure.

Metal core?

Yeah

the eovan and onsra 105 airless rubber wheels are exactly the same, they come from the same factory

1 Like

Yeah. Metal cores are a pain. Plus side of airless rubber is they’re usually beefy enough to tap on and off with a hammer. Bearings, I just run em the they get crunchy. They often break on removal. But you get a free spacer for each one if you save the inner race.

2 Likes

Completely incorrect.

Eovan wheels are 105mm and have a different hole pattern in the rubber, different tread and have an embossed eovan logo

Onsra are 115mm and do not have the eovan embossed logo, in addition to the rest of the differences.

Not sure if they’re made in the same factory but they are definitely not identical wheels in any way.

1 Like

Boundmotor and eovan have the same 105’s. Onsra doesn’t. I think they used to, but I can’t be sure.

1 Like

them both are practically the same company :joy:

they used to, but i just checked, they are selling a different set now since when they launched, guess they just wanna be different

all those metal core airless wheels are not true kegel anyway, they are off by 0.X mm which makes the precision pulley won’t fit unless u bore out the spokes very slightly.

3 Likes

You’re still dead wrong bud. Nice try at a save though.

Can confirm. Sometimes they’re a bit small, sometimes a bit big. Depends what you’re putting em on. Sometimes they play nice with a particular drivetrain. Like, not that model of drivetrain, just that exact set.

2 Likes

nylon / plastic pulley would fit on them easier than metal precision pulley, but imagine the team who put together the wheels and pulley needs to figure out which pulley fit on which wheels, it be a nightmare

firstly, im not ur bud. second, stfu would u? yes, I was so mighty damn wrong on a small detail on a random ass company that launch 2(?) something years old with my 1.5 years old memory. if you r so dead set on having the correct information, how about u gain more knowledge and get ur fact straight before u start commenting on this forum? I’m tired of ur shit, i demand u to block me so u don’t see my wrongest answer ever again.

3 Likes