After 7 years work, 4 generations of prototype production, we’ve finally delivered this all terrain board, Cycleagle ASSN-4S

A trampa can do everything a Baja can do and more.

These kind of boards are a dick swing and nothing more.

8 Likes

Don’t agree. If you read a few posts up, you will see where my issue lies.

I could switch to 9 inch wheels to solve some of it, but I would still be missing out on the suspension which would be very nice to have around here. We’ve got shitty off-road conditions, instead of nice smooth forest paths.

Suspension is no good when the structure falls to pieces.

Anyway I’m done here. I wasted enough life and money on this shit. Good luck with whatever you choose to invest in.

8 Likes

Of course…and I am not saying this will not fall apart, but the contrary has not been proven yet either.
You have valuable experience with one brand offering this type of suspension, which I am not trying to negate…

1 Like

Hiya Chaps! Glad to see you here. As you can see, out community can be very , uh, receptive. I’d love to see you prove them wrong though!

A couple of questions for you:

1. What do you see sets your board apart from the competitors (obviously Baja comes to mind)?

2. What made you want to pursue this kind of board design as opposed to a longboard, short board, etc?

3. How big of a team are you? Do you feel you guys are adequately prepared to deal with any potential QC issues?

4. Whats / who is your target audience? Who do you see with a Cycleeagle beneath their feet?

Looking forward to see what you have to offer. Cheers

19 Likes

Too many parts, too many potential breaking points. Suspension is overrated. Reliability is king.

3 Likes
  • Will customers be able to easily convert a 2WD to a 4WD?
  • Will you offer more powerful motors for the 2WD version?
  • Is there potentially space to DIY and replace the stock motors with typical 6374 offerings (or larger), or did you create motors with custom bolt patterns?
  • Is the battery pack & esc proprietary, or will we be able to mix and match your components with say VESCs and our own remote / battery pack (yes, we’d most likely have to use your enclosure somehow)?
6 Likes

You’re probably right Al, but lets see. I know of your experience with Baja, and despite the similarities, i think we should give these guys a chance to prove themselves. Worst case scenario, they find out about the same achilles heel as baja. In the meantime, no one’s forcing any of us to buy in, so no harm in watching

6 Likes

tenor (1)

2 Likes

How did you do that?

1 Like

And: where are you based?

4 Likes

Welcome. Do you have videos of your boards performing?

How does it resist against crash? Key 1 factor will be reliability specially for off-road on boulders.

Don’t be fazed by the comments and take criticism as input : people here have seen serious shit and hopefully you prove to bring a worthy board :+1:t4:

4 Likes

It’s not supposed to be…

people don’t walk up to Geo metros and say " this car doesn’t look fast enough "

There’s more than one kind of skateboard Brian… you know this.

13 Likes

My opinion is that your batterypack will limit your board a lot.

At 15A load on 35E it will almost instant sag about 0.6 volts which mean you won’t be able to use max power after about 30% of your range is used. The cell will work at 3.1 volt but i guess you will limit the power before that.

6p of 35E will give a peak current of 90A (Battery) which i think will give a decent amount of power
4WD:
90A / 4 motors = 22.5A (Battery)
Lets say you put in 45A motor and 22.5A Battery in each motor, then you wont use the motors even near their potential but the board will have a decent strength.

2WD:
90A/2 motors = 45A (Battery)
Lets say you put in 90A motor and 45A Battery in each motor, then i would say you will use the motors potential in a good way.

I ride my 2WD, 8", trampa, geardrive, 6374 motors with total 160A motor and 100A battery and think it gives a good pull for my 65 kg weight + 16 kg board.
It has a 12S7P 30Q cells which can give 140A battery (over dimensioned for 100A battery)

You have a 4WD, 10" belt drive that should handle 120kg rider + 23,4 kg board where the battery can give 90A battery. You also use a lower voltage which will require even higher A to get the power out.

My personal recommendation is to switch to 30Q cells to get more amp on the 4WD or to go with more cells. This will give a lot more usable range and power.

5 Likes

Cast parts can be very strong, when properly implemented, and properly QUALITY INSPECTED. That being said, i highly doubt a heat treat will make the small cast parts of your suspension will matter much. Too many directions of force in both compression and tension, and i fear without proper industry standards of xray and torsion testing of your material no way these live up to what your selling they can do.

Building industry and even auto makers buy from reputable sources who do these test on manufactured parts regularly. Its included in mill certs from the manufacturer. To ensure quality. Yours, i have less faith in. No offense, but the parts are very small production and the quality assurance required to ensure a safe product just doesn’t make sense on a financial standpoint.

Charge a bit more, and get cnc parts. My 3 cents.

7 Likes

But honestly i don’t have a problem with any other part of the board. I wish you luck.

thanks bro

9 Likes

Damn, is this what everyone does when the virus is outside?

1 Like

No. This before the virus too.

8 Likes

Actually, it is supposed to be … they mention Lightweight & Portable as key features more than once.

Their words, not mine

5 Likes