After 7 years work, 4 generations of prototype production, we’ve finally delivered this all terrain board, Cycleagle ASSN-4S

Hello, everyone!

This is Javen, the founder of Cycleagle. At first we are just three individuals passionate about outdoor adventures and we have always been fascinated over the idea to travel with an off-road vehicle possible to carry along. In the March of 2012, we were initially inspired by the concept of remote controlled models, and we wanted to apply the techniques of a car into these RC models, but one of the biggest issues is to minimize its net weight while retaining a robust base for an affordable payload. then upon comparing all sorts of sports appliances, snowboarding caught our attention. why don’t we abandon the carport, the steering wheel and seat and then initiate the steering by remote control just like how the snowboards are by inertia.

Based on this idea, we finished the first generation of prototype in 2013, a cross-country e-board with independent suspension shock absorption. Taking from there, we submitted our design patent application, and earned approval in 2016. This prototype has won us the national invention patent, along with seven patents of originality after years of endeavors on optimizations. The first-generation prototype only implements some desirable functions, but we found many problems upon testing, so we made a series of systematic and strategic optimizations. From 2014 to 2019, we completed four generations of prototype production, with upgraded structure (dimensions as well), more comprehensive functionalities, lower energy consumption, enhanced stability, remote control. This an arduous journey of repeated sketch overturns, design revisions, production plans and road testing…

And finally we get the one we think it’s ready for the market, this Cycleagle ASSN-4S .

Here is the specs for this board:

We can’t wait for the product to be facing a broader community worldwide. And we’re setting the price bar low enough so that your pocket does not become a stumbling block for your passion. We want it tagged at an affordable price so that your fun will be boosted. You could find more details on our Indiegogo detail page for this product: https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/bc8b8b56?utm_source=kol&utm_medium=VV&utm_campaign=CYCLEAGLE https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=84&v=LMcEkMoRL7g&feature=emb_logo

From our perspective, perfection is always the goal, even though it’s very hard to attain. and so we need your valuable feedback, because a professional suggestion would become the best witness for a more refined product. we would love to hear your suggestions and feedback, we hope to supply the best all terrain electric skateboard, and we hope you can help us with it.

BR Javen

21 Likes

Hi, enjoy your short stay :wink:

40 Likes

The first thing that pops out to me is your board weighs 23KG with the batt and only does 16.5 miles. I think for the experiance you might be offering here you should consider a bigger battery. Really you want to be able to offer a real life 25 mile range.

Looks interesting, would love to try it

10 Likes

This thing looks really cool.

I’ve got to ask, from which manufacturer are you sourcing the motors and ESC?

3 Likes

You’re right. Battery life is a big issue for all electric skateboards, especially for all-terrain electric skateboards with independent suspension. All-terrain electric skateboards require more power because the weight is usually large, it usually has 2 or 4 motors, and the power consumption is large (external rotor brushless motors’ consumption is bigger than the hub motors). In addition, various road conditions will bring greater energy consumption. The solution usually is to provide a larger battery box with more batteries, which in turn causes a large volume and a heavyweight.

Our solution is to design the battery detachable. Each battery is of moderate weight and size. One backpack can hold two batteries. One battery can meet the general use. No tools are needed to change the battery. If you want to go farther, keep the spare battery in the backpack, and of course, the battery can be charged offline

4 Likes

Dying. What a prick.

20 Likes

Need more info on this. 21Ah. What S count? What kind of cells? 10s7p is it? If it is, your range estimate is reasonable. Also what size motors? gear reduction?

3 Likes

I know right?

3 Likes

Javen-

Lee Wright runs a successful YouTube channel and is a strong builder of esk8, especially eMTB. If you could get a review unit to him, you’ll get a fair shake and great exposure.

Welcome to esk8.news and let me know if you have any questions.

17 Likes

10S6P with 3500mAh, two motor types with 6354/6374

1 Like

Cool. 35E cells? What ESCs are you running? Also are those trucks/suspension system using aluminum or, it looks like mold injection glass fiber nylon?

2 Likes

To think I got banned from the other forum telling him to come here

8 Likes

Let us break this puppy down.

I need the skinny on all of it.

Its a question of spilling the beans.

just checking its not google translate

4 Likes

The trucks/suspension use A356 aluminum alloy, which has better toughness. The ESC is designed for the offroad skateboard.

2 Likes

Ah, cast aluminum, that’s why it looks like that. Very cool. Can you elaborate a bit on the ESC?

@onloop is still a bit grumpy that no-one likes his forum

Hell no.

Just ask any Baja board owner

4 Likes

Is there any problem with cast aluminum?

2 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

I am going there bro.

I can not help myself.

@Javen-CYCLEAGLE

Baja board released a product that had some wonderful cnc’d bulkheads and wishbones etc. It was tough as old boots (another quick google translate hiccup thrown in) They then decided to cast these key components.
@glyphiks how was your Baja?

6 Likes