After 7 years work, 4 generations of prototype production, we’ve finally delivered this all terrain board, Cycleagle ASSN-4S

Dang it. I wasn’t done yet. Lol I wanna know what ESCs are on there.

3 Likes

Don’t let me stop you. Crack on my dude

3 Likes

be the old fav. those nasty 2016 things that while being bullet proof offer very little in anything else. Kelly controllers? Begins with K anyway

3 Likes

Cast aluminium + heavy offroad = no go

Bajaboards went that road and it is cutting in their pockets now.

when someone buys a board with these looks and beefyness they will want to do some serious offroading with alot of impacts on the carrying parts.

4 Likes

I keep looking at this, because most folks seem to consider lower a “pro”, not a “con”

Though I build high boards too, but mine are very portable. Nothing about this looks portable to me

7 Likes

Do you build small waterproof and portable boards with a kicktail?

Not you?

Must be a different Brian

11 Likes

Priceless lmao

6 Likes

Thank you for telling me this, and also thanks to google translate. :grin: The strength of a part depends not only on the material, but also on the structure. Casting is more suitable for some more reasonable structures.

3 Likes

No.

no it isn’t. For key structural components it is not the best option in any shape or form. In fact I would go so far as to say its absolutely shit for this application and is only used because its cheaper and easier to produce. You want to promote your product that was probably 7 months in the making as opposed to 7 years then please realize that you are speaking to a community of builders and not a fanboy reddit page.

Bajaboard did the exact same thing to cut costs and its probably cost them their brand.

As you were chaps.

11 Likes

Casting is fucking shit. I broke more Baja parts than I wish to count. Cast parts fatigue 1,000,000 times quicker than billet and guess what!? They literally fall to fucking pieces at 50kph.

If you value your life, don’t buy or use cast aluminium in any of your esk8 products.

20 Likes

Depends on real clearance actually. My trampa is relatively low, but due to the gear drive I crashed hard two times. Stone (kinda like an ice Berg, bigger under ground) snagged my drive and stopped me dead at 40 km/h. I wish I had 9 inch wheels to solve that shit from happening and would gladly trade it off in height.

The wishbone structure appears to limit ground clearance of the Baja and perhaps this one too. I would be interested in the real clearance between the ground and the lowest hanging part.

2 Likes

To be fair a lot of billet is also casted. It’s just that casting a complex part is much much harder to do properly due to differential cooling, grain structure and flow among 100 other things. But a well designed cast mold could yield good parts if done right (although post finish CNC often required after)

8 Likes

I failed to see that in anything that Baja produced.

2 Likes

Thanks again, We do take this into consideration. The material we use is usually used in automotive wheel hubs. It is also a material that has been proven in the automotive industry and a special casting process, which reduced the metal grain structure damaged, and, after heating and cooling, further increases the performance of the material, in addition, we also intentionally strengthened his structure and thickness

1 Like

Metal wheel hubs for cars are a lot bigger and heavier and thicker than the parts you would use in your skateboards. They would also be supported by a much better suspension system.

Cast parts have no place in esk8. As much as prebuilts really don’t have much of a place on this forum. Sorry to be blunt, but you are wasting your time here.

8 Likes

Take the advice and run with it because it is based on years of experience and I guess you came here for just such feedback. Don’t argue. Just put your hand in your pocket and out do the competition because right this second if you produce a baja clone (lets not be coy anymore)
that doesn’t break you will build a customer base. You will also need to be as good as they are at customer service.

Good luck with your venture

9 Likes

First like and first blow.

5 Likes

I for one welcome vendors offering completes, as long as the provided information is transparent and adds up.

Other than that, sharing information is caring. What they do with cast materials is still up to them. As long as they have top notch support and warranty services, it may not even be that big of an issue.

That said, most cast trucks that we saw here also tended to have failure points. Breaking points had obvious flaws epxlosed, such as gas bubbles that formed during the casting process etc. Who knows, your design may be stronger than Baja and a few other things currently available.

6 Likes

It’s a huge issue. Nobody wants to be waiting for weeks on end for a replacement part (of which there are many possible parts that could break) only to get it all fixed up and then break a different part on the next ride.

Baja had fantastic customer service. And a fucking terrible product. They will never see a cent of my money ever again, and I will strongly advise anybody I talk to not to get one.

After the release of the S2, with many units sold, the quality and consistency of the customer service seems to have declined. My guess is because they are fucking swamped.

These types of boards have too many moving parts, too many potential failures. They will all end up being raging disappointments.

9 Likes

Yes, that’s were International distribution comes into play too. I’d never buy a board like this, unless shipment is with my region (Europe) along with plenty of spare parts in stock.

I read about the multiple points of failure of the Baja design and prior to that decided against buying one, cause I could see how servicing a thing like that would take a fair amount of effort compared to simpler designs.

Then again, I am encountering limits with my trampa and I dearly hope something better will hit the market. Maybe this, but it indeed looks to be very similar to the early Baja.