Addressing the Achilles Heel - Meet the Improved BKB Xenith V2 šŸšØ

The Unity does have an IMU.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably the same PCB. They just havenā€™t populated these ICs since they are unavailable.

3 Likes

Correct. So no bueno for 4wd or CAN accessories

1 Like

Yeah, it would be good to get some details on the improvements, especially since the improvements on v2.0 were difficult to notice and there has been awkward silence about what exactly they have been. Then one may just as well think itā€™s bullshit.

5 Likes

It does!?

Starts removing all but one wheel from everything

2 Likes

There is still split PPM for 4WD and arguably, if you want to run TC, this is the better way to go.

CAN transceivers are just not available at the moment so they are not populated. I think itā€™s a minor tbh.

3 Likes

bigger deal is for those that want to use a Metr CAN. Xenogotchi is cooler anyways :sunglasses:

1 Like

Split PPM might work, but its not an ideal solution IMO.

Uart remotes are out, proper telemetry is out, switching on via one switch is outā€¦

Makes for a pretty raw deal for 4wd. Especially for the price.

4 Likes

There are other options if you need those things but how many actually do? How many boards as a percentage of total on here are running UART controlled 4WD? Probably less than 5% of total builds (being generous) Iā€™m actually just about to build a 4WD myself and am already planning on running split PPM on stormcores that have the CAN transceivers in them as well as a loop key.

I agree its not great, but faced with the global situation the fact there are more Xeniths at all is a good thing, even if they are missing some components that a few people need. I think when you zoom out a bit itā€™s not that big of a deal.

2 Likes

anyone with the budget for 4wd should not be settling for a unity.

3 Likes

Unity is perfect for 4wd. Thats why iā€™m salty

2 Likes

Why? The price?

Valid points, good chat :kissing_heart:

1 Like

The Xenith is a great controller, 100A motor current at 12S. Who needs more than that on a 60V controller?

Easily powered on by one switch
Ample power
Price
Size

1 Like

Yeah you guys are right, I wouldnā€™t do it personally if I had the budget and space to use a ubox/stormcore. I have a pile of dead unities in the shop that I donā€™t want to grow.

1 Like

Want to know the ironic thing? I have a pile of dead stormcores and Ubox :joy: (and also a couple of Xenith)

2 Likes

oh god, weā€™re doomed

Lol its so true. When people ask me what the best vesc is, thereā€™s only one answer. There isnā€™t one.

10 Likes

Embrace the silver rectangle

9 Likes