Added the Esk8 Electronics category

This is a long time coming. Anything to do with making or modding or working on electronics specifically (ESCs, BT modules, telemetry screens, remotes, lighting systems, etc) can go in there. This makes sense because we have Mechanics areas but nothing specifically for this. We may need subcategories for this later but for now we’ll see how it goes.

19 Likes

I urge people to go through their existing threads and change the category if it fits this new one!

That being said, I still don’t know where topics like this should go:

or

3 Likes

tire options would go somewhere under esk8 mechanics but i agree, i should really do some re-organization here and then stay on top of it by regularly moving posts around.

1 Like

Not sure if you can change the position of the categories because esk8 electronics is at the very botttom and i doubt many will look that far.

1 Like

I’ll see if there’s some kind of ordering that can be done.

1 Like

I can order, it involves setting them to fixed positions instead of being ordered by activity, then assigning them an order number.

I’m working on doing that now. Some things make more sense to be at the bottom, like level lounges and staff stuff anyway.

4 Likes

I hereby request esk8 parts market to be put near the bottom.

3 Likes

Currenty it ranks #7, which is near bottom of the most active cats. Here is the just re-ordered list:

1. How Tos and Esk8 Mechanics
  2. DIY builds
  3. Esk8 Electronics
  4. Vendor Corner
  5. Product Warnings
  6. Esk8 Dev
  7. Esk8 parts Market
  8. Events Group Rides
  9. Prebuilt Board Discussion
  10. Esk8 Ride Videos
  11. The Citadel
  12. Other Languages
  13. Safety
  14. Esk8 Related Politics
  15. The Green Room
  16. Lounge
  17. Article, Review, Interview Requests
  18. Media
  19. Esk8.news Articles
  20. Staff
1 Like

@xsynatic I beleive you have re-category powers so if you would like to start moving anything you see fit into the new Electronics category feel free.

I was also debating on breaking it up into subcats, maybe like this:

• New Parts & Development (or something like that for new stuff or stuff still in dev)
  • Help/Troubleshooting (for people needing help)
  • DIY (stuff people are doing to modify parts, create solutions to issues, etc)

And maybe also the possibility of breaking it into product type categories would be nice, like a cat for remotes, ESCs, telemetry, etc.

2 Likes

Let me rephrase it. If you can, tug just the esk8 parts market category below the ones with a subcategory. That way we get less threads needing to be moved or changed because they don’t use the neccessary subcategories

So it would look like this:

Granted if you can move a main category below its subcategories.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a way to do that, but I’ll see what’s possible real quick.

2 Likes

otherwise block access to the main category completely? Allow access to main category + subcategory?

so nothing ends up in here

grafik

1 Like

i don’t.

I can’t touch or edit the threads of others. I can only turn them into a wiki, edit them and then remove the wiki BUT this excludes the Title and category.

1 Like

Let me do some googling. I just realized i can re-order subcats but i’m not sure what i can do with cats in relation to subcats. I beleive the default behavior is cat then subcats for a reason, but i agree, there really shouldn’t be anything in a cat if subcats are present unless it just doesn’t fit in the subcats, which is why you can post in a cat that has subcats. Hopefully my word maze made sense lol

just waiting for kai to jump in with cat memes because of all the mentions of cats.

3 Likes

ok i’ll do the re-ordering for now.

1 Like

yes meow

3 Likes

we are not going to get any work done if kai shows up, and i fear i have somehow summoned him.

5 Likes

lovely detail i just noticed… so i went to move a threat into this new category and i guess the order of cats that i redid this morning only affects some lists and not others. It seems to show up correctly under a new post, and on the page that lists them all, but it’s all out of order on the list that pops up when you go to move a thread. How convenient.

1 Like

Sorry I’m late some fucking mortal drew the right circle putting sauce on his breakfast sandwich and I had to spend all morning doing his nonsense bidding.

5 Likes

4 Likes