Added the Esk8 Electronics category

Is there some overlap between ESK8 dev and electronics? Very rough numbers but it looks like of the 102 topics in that cat about 40% are electronics, 40-50% mechanical, 10-20% miscategorised. Any interest in subsuming the relevant dev ones into electronics?

IMO development is a potentially useful category, but keeping all the electronics together in a main-sub category family is also useful. There isn’t an inherently redundant block that definitely needs to be scrapped, but I think there’s a conflict with having both. Any suggestions from other nerds?

1 Like

I have already moved a bunch of content. Its going to take a lot of time to get to everything, if i ever do get to everything. My browser starts to choke scrolling back down towards december. And yes, a whoooole lot of stuff from esk8 dev went into electronics subcats already.

1 Like

Ahhh right right, yeah cool I don’t think it’s exactly essential anyway I just wasn’t sure how the new organisation was intended to work

1 Like

its mostly intended to work moving forward. But also, esk8 dev is broader than electronics. new trucks, new wheels, new decks, new enclosures, etc.

I’m also thinking of a category structure for batteries because wow there’s a fuckload of battery content.

2 Likes

Forum.ESK8.batteries

1 Like

I’m helping.

3 Likes

thanks, now my whole office can hear me giggling uncontrollably.

4 Likes

2 Likes