Acedeck Skateboards, and a Hypertruck-like truck?

Stumbled upon this on a FB group (why am i there you may ask?)
Don’t ask :face_holding_back_tears:

Anyway, the truck looks mighty familiar…, and looks like a proper MTB with the ESC and battery being at the top.

5 Likes

I dont understand this would have been cool but now it looks like an ecomobl ripoff board

1 Like

the axles aren’t as long

1 Like

Stupid question… Why all MTB top box are always literally plain square box or pelican cases?

I get the point of super sturdy and reliable Pelicans So ok function over form. And there’s a charm to Pelicans alright.

What about the rest tho?

There are ways to make a box look a bit pretty / aesthetic. Play with edges, play with angles.

Most battery builds use round cells and not size packs, even with the new PCB assembled packs too so volume isn’t an issue.

It’s kinda sad to see a beautiful deck and dope trucks all to add a brute box on top of it all.

12 Likes

3d servisas has a nice top mount box for sale.

2 Likes

bonus point for anyone who can list out all the parts they copy off of.

the reward? u get a like from me

3 Likes

I’m on the lookout for a top mount battery box at the moment, I agree with what you say completely.

I’d like to see a bit more variety with the designs.

It’s a shame we don’t have more choices.

2 Likes

its like a trampa and lacroix did the fusion dance.

1 Like
1 Like

These brands have zero shame, can’t respect Acedeck now

7 Likes

I dont understand why have top mount on whats clearly more of a street board. I can understand having ESC enclosure because it frees up more room for a bigger battery. But why put a battery ontop of a street set up? To each is own in the DIY world but doesnt make sense for a Production board. This board reminds me of the Bootleg pokemon cards you would see at flee markets as a kid.

3 Likes

As someone with boxes on 2 boards, I’ve always wanted a better looking top mount. 3dsas is still just a box with rounded corners which just takes away volume. Plus I think it’s still ugly. The bottom of the deck has a nice spread out layout while the top just has the deck width and what you can fit between your legs (heh).

I made a decent looking pyramid box once in cad but I found myself needing that tapered space for more cells.

f50b05253119fc8992ad9ef688a2b807256895e8_1_690x464

The idea was to have a square tray in the bottom that the pyramids slides over and then 2-4 thumb screws to keep it in place.

3 Likes

Heavy offroading perhaps?

They forgot the blue red stripped emblem. Makes me wonder what else they forgot. :thinking: :thinking:
Now I’m skeptical.

2 Likes

Found a lil more, Helical steel/alu to POM wheel gear drive is what i see.

3 Likes

your the first victim lol

1 Like

Nah

Even the gear drive is a falcon drive rip-off. It’s a shame because they could have done something original, but instead they just ripped off Lacroix’s design and made a shittier version.

Zero respect for Acedeck.

5 Likes

I invited them to our forum for the popcorn

12 Likes

inb4 Frank claims Trampa invented everything on both boards.

11 Likes