ACEDECK ARES X1 - 14S4P 4WD TKP

This was a thing for some meepo boards too, I had a V3 that did this exact thing, very unsettling, it got vesced very quickly

1 Like

I would say that the board is riding bad because it is Not set up right and the Email states this , You need to do as the video states to get the esc calibrated. hope you didnt burn your esc . Sexy looking board :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yo! Got an Ares X1 myself. I donā€™t have that throw off feel when acceleration at speed, but a friend of mine does, but only so slightly. Maybe itā€™s a learning curve to get back to using a bad hobbywing remote. Heā€™s used to a VX1.

Yea, thatā€™s what surprised me the most myself. The trucks are actually, really fucking good. The turning radius is surprisingly small , for TKP, yet still incredibly stable. And most importantly, like you mentioned, the spring back out of a carve is so nice! But I donā€™t think we have to thank the bushings for that (i donā€™t think theyā€™re high quality), but the big CNC bushing pivot cups hugging these bushings.

Also, for the rubber charging plug, I found a solution, from looking at another board that I have. Just cut the little nipple at an angle, to allow it to slide in. I can provide a picture if you want. Now it works every time, first try.

Also, you definitely have to do whatā€™s on the video, or youā€™ll burn the ESC. They sent the very first few boards with the ESC thinking its paired with 6364 motors. Doing the ā€œcalibrationā€ will let the ESC know itā€™s on 6384s. Someone already burned his ESC.

1 Like

That was me. Smoked the ESC. Did the recalibrating with the new one and all good.

1 Like

Well that makes two of you :slight_smile: Thereā€™s another guy from Austria on the facebook group, Christoph something.

Haha yeah. At least swapping it was pretty simple.

1 Like

Did you take any pictures of the inside by any chance? Or just the ESC? If not, do you still have your old one?

And wasnā€™t it difficult to open because of the silicon sealed battery lid?

1 Like

Up higher in the thread are all the photos I took of it. Opening it wasnā€™t bad, used a hair dryer to help release the 3M tape around the edge and a plastic pry tool used for automotive trim. Iā€™ll check but pretty sure I threw away the old esc.

1 Like

Oh what a fucking joke. Iā€™m incredibly pissed.

Everybodyā€™s like, hey, do the calibration, or youā€™ll burn the ESC. Iā€™ve ridden like 50km on S without the calibration, ran well. Did the calibration today. Burnt front right ESC. Have it on video, itā€™s uploading, will edit this post once on YouTube

Iā€™ve been asking them what the video shows, could not get a response. I really REALLY donā€™t like doing things without knowing what am I doing. Is it possible that it has already been set correctly and Iā€™ve returned it to the ā€œbadā€ state?

Iā€™ll put in my own 2 cents here as I had the experience of working with one.

Acedeck customer service told me to hammer the wax out of the enclosure while the battery was still in there. Not only that, but the battery is glued down. To take it out I had to cut the battery out of itā€™s heatshrink and repeatedly hammer the goddamn esc till it came out. They solve all of their issues with an obscene amount of hot glue to the point where It feels like no sane engineer designed the damn thing.

4 Likes

That sucks,esc/vesc shit is no fun.I think you should have done as they stated so they would need to replace it, You rode it in s mode which they stated not to do, then did the calibration and probably already damaged the esc. the weird responsiveness of the board while ridding was the esc starting to die/burn i think . I just have a vesc die :frowning: I know how much fun this aint.

The ESC slides out. It doesnā€™t drop straight down. I couldnā€™t figure it out till I looked at the replacement and the angled grooves. Once you figure that out it should slide out with minimum tapping. I wish they had documentation on repair processes, something really missing from a lot of these board makers.

3 Likes

most boards were not designed for user to take apart, if at all.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if we see it the same. Let me sum it, if Iā€™m correct:

What you say is, that Iā€™ve been riding, which caused the damage, and then did the calibration, and then it died because of the previous riding

What I say is, that Iā€™ve been riding it, it was fine, and then I did the calibration, and then it died because of the calibration

My version sounds more likely as causality of steps (as if I did not do the calibration, it could have been working indefinitely. In my approach, the calibration caused the damage)

But who knows. Itā€™s dead-ish.

Here is the video of the incident https://youtu.be/kWgDmQUyFZ0?t=40

Funny thing, it literally brought me to a guy who has Zeus 4wd :smiley: is that some sign? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yes, esk8 bring people together

1 Like

@jack.luis

2 Likes

That was a hilarious coincident! Rolled right up on that guy.

No comment

Perception ā€¦ :slight_smile: Enjoy your new zeus 4wd build ā€¦

1 Like

I just saw a video about the board from ESK8ooligan. I was disappointed to see the ends of the enclosure cover have no screws. As a result, there is a small gap at each end between the cover and the deck/enclosure. Could be a serious issue if your board happens to get wet.