Abyss | TB Rocket 33 | 12s3p p42a | BN220 | BN Belt | FS6368

Blue cags and smooth pavement are like peanut butter and jelly. Such grip / much soft / very wow

3 Likes

Dye em black, they’ll look dope as hell with everything else you’ve got goin on there.

1 Like

thats the plan. got some rit black taking up space on my shelf

I like how derpy it looks so far. Lmk if you want CAD assistance, I’m only about half bad

2 Likes

Managed to get longer screws, install more riser pads, inside mount the motors and have them at an angle. 15mm of motor mount ground clearance with kegels. Seems I’m getting cags for sure lol.

Edit: I lied

and no, I cant invert the screw. The long part sticks out and hits my motor. gotta wait a month for BN precision clamps to come back into stock and to ship. At least I cant be lazy and now have time to build a proper batty for this. the 12s1p ain’t cutting it :rofl:

8 Likes

Yo, that’s why I flipped around the screw on my mounts - so that the caphead is on the bottom. It gives you a tiny bit more clearance. You’re better off with cags though.

I tried riding in the setup you currently have and absolutely hated the little rocks that would scrape up against the bolt/mount. totally ruins it.

Green loctite the entire mount on to the hanger.

Disclaimer I’m stupid, and that idea probably is too.

1 Like

I don’t think that’ll even work. Maybe jbweld, but I ordered the precision clamps so I’ll get them… Whenever.

Just gotta chop a lil keyway. If it can hold a gear, the mount should be fine.
Don’t listen to me, I’m at work sipping champagne and the mischief is strong in me.

1 Like

unfortunately im stuck waiting for new clamps now. o well

Wait what’s wrong with the current ones?

This

Actually, would cutting the bolt to the length where its flushed with the lock nut work?

It would help, but I’m just terrified of using the brand new Dremel I bought last month. With caguamas (which I’m gonna dye black :flushed:) it’ll have enough clearance to test ride.

1 Like

It’s been a month. Use the Dremel. Use it now, so you can use it next time you need it without such concern.

3 Likes

I actually can’t use it yet anyways. I gotta get one of those plastic folding tables so I can chuck it out of my window onto this ledge I have so I don’t get metal shards in my room

Use the dremel, she can take a M5 bolt no prob :wink:

3 Likes

Hell, assemble the shit, grind off the bolt til the nuts half gone too, and red loctite it back on. Probably buy ya about 5mm.
As for metal shavings, hell, do the whole job holding it out the window. Or just grab up a few extensions and do it in the hallway. I assume you live in an apartment. Fuck your neighbors, you’re off to college soon, what are they gonna do?

Keter - 197283 Folding Table Work Bench for Miter Saw Stand, Woodworking Tools and Accessories with Included 12 Inch Wood Clamps – Easy Garage Storage Black/Yellow Amazon.com

Isn’t cheap, but this is a sweet portable work bench.

1 Like

I can’t tell if esk8 is gonna make me bankrupt or out of space LMAO. I neeeeeeed this, as long as it fits through my window.

1 Like