ABS overcurrent fault on 100Dx

did anyone here that bought a super sport last year that had the 100 DX
in them have the issue where running the board on stock settings and in the first 50 miles all of a sudden had the Blue magic smoke of death come out the back of the enclosure and end up waiting 3 months for them to even respond with a solution ? which ended up being here’s a new storm core 100DX and sentinel circuit board and go ahead and fix it issue yourself as a first offer for the solution?

happened to a buddy of mine I was riding with him and right behind him…we were doing nothing out of the ordinary or pushing limits at the time. he probably had 35 mi on the board total…maybe less and we were accelerating on flat land… I was behind him on my Kaly when the smoke came out and instant death.
& mang that issue happened in October and they just now managed to help him get his supersport fixed…

I feel like when the super sports first came out I think they just had the 100D in them… And I know people that really tweaked the settings to 85-90 motor amps And never seem to have a problem but just this recent issue seemed like it took LaCroix months to figure out how to make a fix to the 100 DX’s

I don’t know if that was hardware related or hardware and firmware related but I was blown away by how just months of silence went by with no explanation other than our engineers are working on it and will have a solution soon.

finally they put my boy in contact with the repair expert about a hundred miles from where we live who did the repairs for him cuz he really wasn’t qualified to do it and I wasn’t going to fuck with his enclosure on a brand new super sport and do the replacement on the sentinel and put in a new storm core for him… I had to do both those things to my 12S lone Star which was easy enough but with his life on the line I didn’t want to risk doing it myself.

just curious if anyone else had to go through or is going through that nightmare.

2 Likes

My other 100dx unit (not the one that this post is about) in my lonestar that’s a month old just died on me. 1 side burnt out- got a quick replacement now but man I miss that red 100D my original lonestar had, I put 6k km in like 10 months never had any issues. Ending up bricking it following their setup motor tutorial which rendered that unit unrepairable so they sent me a 100Dx as a replacement :frowning: