ABS overcurrent fault on 100Dx

no warranty above that, sooo

Source?

From LaCroix stormcore product page

May as well use the latest hobbywing controller then

its a bit different when you’re using a bigger gear reduction on 18s, but yeah

A makerX is cheaper and can do 100A, idk who the 100Dx is for

1 Like

never felt the need to go above 75 on 18s.

1 Like

Someone doesnt like to have fun

75a/motor on 18s is ridiculous power compared to a 12s or 13s hobbywing at 40a / motor.

5,670w x 2 (motors)= 11,340w total
2,180w x 2 (motors)= 4,368w total

2 Likes

dude I dont know where you’re getting 40a/motor. That’s far from what they are, but this is the wrong place to discuss.

I don’t know how heavy @vegr0 is, but riding style and rider mass have a lot to do with how many amps you push. You are a big guy and you like to do full throttle launches.

There’s no getting around F = MA. If you have more mass, you’re going to need more power to get the same acceleration as a lighter rider.

Both will “do” 100A. They use very similar or the same mosfets depending on what’s in stock. The Stormcore is going to dissipate heat better and maintain high currents for longer. I know someone who ran a 100D at 120A for quite a while… until it blew up months later.

It really comes down to reliability. Lacroix is likely scaling back their ratings to something that they feel will last.

2 Likes

MakerX will warranty at 100A

What will LaCroix do if a 100Dx blows up at 100A?

Sounds like they won’t warranty it. But if the controllers fail at the same rate when running at 100A, do you really want to go through the warranty process every time a controller fails? Or would you rather run it at a level that it won’t likely fail?

2 Likes

Did I misunderstand your point?

Gotta run them at what will convince people our board is worth the extra $$

75A is not that

I’ve always assumed “Lacroix” and “Warranty” didn’t belong in the same sentence :rofl:

the 70 motor amps per side?

Ahh, I didn’t take it as per side. Got it. That’s quite respectable on 13s. Still not as powerful as 18s, but better than I thought

You’re thinking of the word “refund” lol

1 Like