About the DIY Builds category

If you built your own esk8 and want to show it off, put it here. The more photos and details the better. (Level 0 +)

10 Likes

I have a new build. Itā€™s my first, but I havenā€™t seen anybody do what I have planned. Stayed tuned for my 4x4 penny board build. Iā€™ll update soon . :grin:

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand why I canā€™t post a new topic. I canā€™t find an ā€œIntroduce yourselfā€ category to level up. Iā€™m a newly registered memberā€“I confirmed my account via the email link, but I didnā€™t get anything about a probation period that I have to wait in order to be able to post a new topic. What am I missing?

8 Likes

Hey guys,
I want to build my own electric skateboard for under 250$. Do you have some parts or tipps for me?

Thx

1 Like

Hiya mate.
250 isnā€™t really a readable budget for something that people here would reccoment. Esk8 is a bit of a dangerous hobby, and poorly designed, manufactured, or QCā€™d parts tend to to only make the danger to the rider and their surrounding bigger. Unfortunately, with such a budget, you are indeed looking at these kind of parts, and a full build would indeed mean cutting corners- something that no-one here would advise.

Instead, see if you can find a prebuilt esk8 with good reviews that you can splurge on a little. Best of luck!

I got a diy build going off an old board thatā€™s discontinued the Leiftech. Just got my xenith v2, sk3 5065 motors, using a flipsky vx2 pro remote. Still working on it though and needing some help actually.

We used some Brisbane flat pack kitchen packages and DIY recycled it to good decks.

Could somebody please explain to me why this keeps on happening?

Hereā€™s the setup:
Battery- 50x Molicel 620wh 17.5ah 10s5p m35a cells
VESC- Flipsky Dual FSESC4.20 ESC
BMS- Heltex BMS 10S 60A 3.7V same
Motors- Evolve Stock motors

Hereā€™s what I have set up on VESC Tool Currently:
Motor current Max- 30A
Motor current Max Brake- -25A
Absolute Max Current- 130.00A
Slow ABS current limit- True
Battery Current Max- 15A
Battery Current Max Regen- -25A
DRV8301 OC Mode- Current Limit
DRV8301 OC Adjustment- 16

If Iā€™m doing anything wrong please lmk because this is getting annoying thank you

Everytime I try to accelerate the voltage on the voltage indicator drops on the remote amd the power cuts out at a certain point :frowning:

Im not certain exactly how this platform works but I would like some insight on building a electric skateboard, my budget should ā€œhopefullyā€ be around $4000. If Iā€™m posting this correct then Iā€™ll give more details on what Iā€™m looking for

Donā€™t you hire some commercial construction companies Lismore when the build gets more complicated?

2 Likes

My first DiY Iā€™ve named ā€˜The lost soulā€™.

Specifications are as follows.

Deck/enclosure: boundmotor octopus double stack. Formerly landyachtz evo.
Hangers: BN270.
Wheels: Newbee impaler. Switching between 6" and 7" tyres.
Remote: Hoyt Puck.
Battery: 13s8p li-on M50LT 21700.
Motor controller: makerX d75.
Motors: Radium Performance 6485 245kv.
Telemetry: Davega X.
Gearing: 16/65.
Bluetooth: flipsky vesc6 module.

Upgrades coming. Radium Performance 78t wheel pulleys, meepo cyclone 165mm racing tyres and fresh griptape.

I know its a month and a half later, but would recommend you donā€™t buy flipsky motors.
I have a pair a few months old and theyā€™re already developing issues. Additionally theyā€™ve got an annoying high pitch scream above 6300 rpm.
Beautiful board though, and fantastic hubs.

Iā€™ve seen that issue first hand, the noise is horrendous. Do you know what caused it?

Nope. There are some threads on here where people far smarter than me discuss it, but I donā€™t fully understand it. I donā€™t think itā€™s a safety issue, but fuck me its annoying.

Hello. My 4wd board still in progress, also I still waiting parts and batteries. But it seems almost like it should be, and it was already tested with cheap ESC with batteries from screwdriver. Seems like I can not add photos =(

Sorry, you canā€™t embed media items in a post.

Hello. My 4wd board still in progress, also I still waiting parts and batteries. But it seems almost like it should be, and it was already tested with cheap ESC with batteries from screwdriver. Seems like I can not add photos =(

1 Like

does anyone know what esc the wowgo mini one comes with. What is the voltage and is it 10s?