Abec11 107mm 74a evolve or the Tb 110 74 or 72a.

Yeah I have. They are clone shit. Which means, you need to dremel you plastic abec pulleys to make them fit in because the wheel spokes are fat because they are cheap chinese shite and structural integrity would be zero if the spokes were thinner how ABEC intended them to be. Not quality.

But, silver lining, they grip like a bastard. 78a so meant to be harder than 74a, but, they grip way harder than 74a, softer, which makes no sense. So their rating is way off, peobably 72a or 70a. But thats what you get from cheap chinese shite manufacturera who don’t have a clue.
Also they are super loud on the ground. Vibration city. They feel every crack stone pebble stick kerb edge manhole cover grate bump irregularity cobble rough paver rough concrete or ashphalt on the planet. Other than that, yeah great wheel.

Just stick to california made urethane quality wheels that are priced properly, you can’t go wrong.

1 Like

These things

1 Like

Ill let you know if they ever break. Maybe 100km’s so far, no issues.

Also, the blue in that picture is a photoshop hue adjusted lie. They are not that arctic blue colour they seem to compare on the site. In real life they are a dull ugly blue that does not look good. They look terrible. The arctic blue 110’s actually look good once you get them covered in dust and shite with normal use. Again avoid these things and don’t be fooled by post photograph trickery!!

Edit: the arctic blue tb110’s turn a shitty wolfenstein 3d green once they are used. They definitely dont look like that brilliant blue they are originally. Wish I got black :(…

1 Like

Hi all,

Could someone tell me what size spacers should I use with the Evolve F1 GT 107mm wheels?
I’m using EVOLVE F1 GT 107 mm wheels
EVOLVE Truck with double kingpin

Spacer: 10mm for 10mm axle?

1 Like

The evolve GT axles I believe are the standard 8mm diameter. I believe your asking what spacer you need to get the wheel placement where you want it. If this is the case you need a spacer with an 8mm ID and get a mix of them and play around with it until you get the wheels where you want them. If your referring to you have evolve gt axles and your looking to fit the besrings then get standard 8mm ID bearings with a 22mm OD which will fit any standard pneumatic wheel

1 Like

planned obsolescence?

I don’t think so. It’s more like “lower numbers sell higher quantities”.

1 Like

That’s the definition no?

Like Iphones [ref iphone 5 lawsuit]

I have in mind that the used product becomes obsolete not the version of said product, not by a factor of time [like next gen] but of use i.e. chunks. But in iphones case it were of an interventurus nature but still idk what else to ref that’s proven with legality.

tldr; you can have planned obsolescence on many matrices.

I think if the market demanded longevity, the wheels on the market would indicate that, and if the market demanded comfort, the wheels on the market would indicate that.

I have personally been riding a set of 74A TB110 for thousands of kilometers.

The reality is that all polyurethane longboard wheels seem to last at least an order of magnitude longer than pneummies IMHO, 72A included. Chunked wheels are also vastly different than flat tires.

Consumers seem to buy a lot more of the wheels that don’t last as long, and the market responds in turn to those preferences.

I don’t personally think “planned obsolescence” has any part in this, especially when they had people testing for durability prior to manufacture.

I disagree. The core delamination problem has made the 72A a much worse wheel choice than even the chunkiest of urethane competitors, and I know a lot of people who aren’t buying TB110s because they only sell the 72A now :frowning:

4 Likes

An assumption made on an assumption based on a convention in this case that people are reasonable investors.

notwithstanding, I had no made comments on the consumers nature of purchase.
I just suggested it were planned obsolescence no need to derail in this matter.

I was just in a cafe watching an idiot change LED bulbs, because “planned obsolescence” If you don’t think this example is valid then there is no continuation of a discussion.