80100 controller/ESC?

New Metr log with 12S 6Ah 75C :

It’s quite cold outside but motors weren’t hot.

Lipos were hotter.

I don’t think FSESC 6.6 Dual is bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

No, it isn’t indeed. I like it too.

Fixed that for ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I’m the lucky one :smirk:

1 Like

One might think that the 80100 motors would run cooler than 63xx sizes due to lots of extra copper and normally not that big of a difference in current going through. I have experienced that the 80100 motors does in fact get hotter then any 6374-6384 motors that I’ve used on my trampa boards. Not sure why but they tend to get very hot during normal road riding, they do have a big bearing around the rotor that should create more friction and may contribute to heat building. Doesn’t feel like that should add significantly though.

When it comes to torque there’s a difference for sure, board just goes zooom with the 80100’s. At the cost of higher energy consumption and more weight. For most people I wouldn’t say they are worth it.

3 Likes

I would say that’s the reason why they also get hotter. At the same kV (like 63xx motors) the wire size for the windings are same diameter.
More energy consumption = higher current through the wires = more heat created.
That’s how I would explain it myself but I might be wrong.

2 Likes

At the same current they should run colder indeed.

2 Likes

Going with Trampa VESC 6 just to update my findings!

8 Likes

4 legendary trampa vesc 6 originals? You must have dropped a lot of cash

1 Like

Some $$$ more or less on that build really doesn’t matter much anymore.:joy:

2 Likes

1 grand for esc’s lol, crazy

1 Like

Still cheaper than spending 600$ for Flipsky escs and than another 1k for the real deal some weeks after :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I got two but don’t know if I’m going to use them any time soon. You know my habits of selling everything I get my hands on lol

I’ve got focboxes for sale

Four are 665USD + import tax.

3 Likes

This build is so expensive that there is no reason for me to cheap out a few hundred
Bucks… get the real deal or nothing

7 Likes

@Chibatterysystems are you planning to run them at the max 120 amp motor current or are you going to use the no_limits firmware and run more?

I will be running stock fw. 120 motor amps x4 is more then enough to kill me

5 Likes

Same here lol

1 Like