72v 20s esc suggestions

Hello,

I’m very interested with Galp’s Besc, did you tried the one your ordered ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi sib, yeah its working, i only tested it on a small motor and it had some troubles with BLDC and FOC detection. Maybe because of the undersized motor. I have to investigate further.

3 Likes

Hi, nice, by undersized motor, you mean how many watts ?
I’m planning on using with 3200W nominal motors (and maybe testing with 1200W nominal motor)

Stormcore 100D will only be like $250/side and it will support high voltage. Im also looking for another option though.

1 Like

Hi, did you solve detection problem?? I wanted to build this controller for my ebike. What kind of firmware did you use ?

20S is 84V, not 72V.

Warning when dealing with ebike suppliers or ebike equipment, NEVER TRUST their voltage numbers. ALWAYS check EVERYTHING with a multimeter. Lest you make fire.

1 Like

Hey,

I did not have time to test the besc again. I used a firmware compiled by galp, i would have to check the version. It was probably just the motor (very low inductance) and tuning a few detection settings would have helped. I now have a scope and could do some more tests when i get a good motor for my e motorcycle project.

Can you tell me where I can find firmware/source code for it ?

1 Like

If you know the right values i would put them in the source code and compile it yourself. I only have a few firmware files that galp has sent me.

Hey mate, i’ve just finished a pcb of galp g2 and i would like to try it on my e-bike. Can you share the source code differences ?

How would this work? Claims to have brakes
https://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/discontinued/scratch_and_dent/esc_3/14s_160a_esc/

1 Like

20S dual ESC preference?

• MakerX GO-FOC D100S
  • Spintend Ubox V2 100V 200A

0 voters

Just gonna leave this list here

2 Likes

If you need cheap I’m selling 3 D100 not s

Anyway, this one was a 100V version : :grin:

Jenso from E-TOXX told me he and one of his customers got not issue with the Spintend at 20S.

I feel like there are not many people running the MakerX ESC.

2 Likes

Finaly I’ve just bought the MakerX Go-FOC D100S because of the vote but also because of this picture of the Spintend ubox 100V v2.

I dislike the cable management. It just looks weird to my mind.

Yet, I did some research and E-TOXX is happy with this 100V ESC from Spintend, some of their customers too. So is Yann from OVERION in France.

On the other hand, I’ve found some cases of fires with the Go-FOC D100, but I think they were related to phase shunt ON deadly issue with 6.0 firmware upgrade.

2 Likes

Its taken me a while to figure out all of the weird quirks with my 100v ubox2, and even though Ive been pretty diligent about running the correct fw, it has tried to kill me a few times with bizarre faults related to the switching frequency. However, it’s a little like the devil I know…

I recently installed a couple of makerx ESCs, dv4s and dv6 (?) red label for some friends… And those had their own custom fw and quirks…

2 Likes

Sorry I’m french, you mean both are shitty?

1 Like

I’m saying spintend ESCs have a lot of known issues, but are typically correctable… MakerX high v ESCs are newer and mostly reliable, but I also don’t know if they’ll have more issues that haven’t been discovered yet.

2 Likes

Most people are happy with spintend. Makerx has better hardware but it is new and not tested yet. Since you are from France you should talk to https://rage-mechanics.com/ when you want a vesc. Ask him what is his opinion on makerx :grin: :fire:

2 Likes