6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

I can’t believe you got it working so quickly… i knew you would do it, but its only been like a week.

@ducktaperules If his belt does break, im sure he’ll be fine going home the way he normal gets around…

16 Likes

@iamasalmon stop enhancing up on my pics yo.

On a quick side note, I want to king Solomon this Esc. Any PCB knowledgeable folks have a rough idea of where to chop? I’d just as soon look an FSESC 6.6 single for guidance.

2 Likes

TLDR

seems they always blow up at the QC sticker…

3 Likes

I think that adding the sticker affects the components since it was designed and tested without the sticker, if you always remove the QC stickers and marks it should work perfectly like they say it should

8 Likes

6 Likes

QC sticker is likely aluminum, and shorts the pins…I have 2 of these with QC stickers removed…working flawlessly

11 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that you can’t. something to do with how the power is routed.

Anyway, who cares what the experts say, start cutting from the outside little bits at a time and when it stops working, you went too far :+1:

SCIENCE

2 Likes

At least then we would have verifiable, “do not do this thing bc it’s stupid” proof.

I kinda wanna keep it working to use as an swd programmer via vesc tool blackmagic functionality.

1 Like

That’s just another flipshite ESC returning to its natural state. :skull:

3 Likes

@kook guess who fucked up and ordered 10mm ID motor pulleys from you best frend.

I want to ride on the lacroix 190kvs, 4wd first.

I should have just ordered the titanium ones from Lacroix, bc they would be here.

Why did I do this? Bc I can drive to LV in under 5 hrs.

5 Likes

sAY HI TO MIKE FOR ME, MIKE…

sorry caplock locked due to spilled coke… no alcohol was spilt…

9 Likes

Small update. Dzus fasteners are great. @MoeStooge was right.

11 Likes

I was gunna ask… I love the flush dzus fittings… never had an opportunity to use them on an esk8… YET!!!

2 Likes

I bought black ones on amazon, but who knows when they will come.

I forgot I bought these on eBay weeks ago.

2 Likes

Just carry a quarter in your pocket!

5 Likes

I hate to be that guy but I dont think this will work. Check out this explanation from someone that tried the same thing on his ebike. I hope I am wrong though.

4 Likes

I have seen this guys build before. Appreciate the concern/critique.

Maybe a spring loaded tensioner. Or there is always this:

8 Likes

I feel like 3 straight cut gears mounted to a steel plate sandwich would be the more secure solution with the lease amount of moving parts.

6 Likes

You are right, but finding helical gears that don’t cost as much as an ESC is hard.

…I see trampa has been busy and willing to sell individual parts. @Trampa :+1::+1::+1:

I might skip the belt business altogether. I really want those helicals.

10 Likes

In theory, a belt under proper tension should be more than enough for the power, but I can see power delivery being way better through gears, @MoeStooge style.

3 Likes