6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

Grip Grip Grip Grip is going to be the weak point hears a solution to add to the “what the hell” your looking for image

Simple double the wheels = double the contact patch. :man_shrugging: Go forth and add motors to all the wheels you 8x8 skateboard monster :skateboard:

Don’t for get to add a pussy handle to holed on to or were thay OFUCK OFUCK OFUCK handles

6 Likes

Is this the Flux Compensator?
Yeah, it arrived from the future :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Actual Samsonite

8 Likes

Still haven’t seen a 50mph thorium either.

10 Likes

Dr. Strangelove, this is the nutz.

Is it possible to use different KV on the same belt?

You better design this for a 22+mm HTD5M belt because you’re just going to be snapping 15mm belts.

13 Likes

Dunno, I bet it works, but it’s probably not great for your escs.

I know there is a a good chunk of variance between motor of same stated KV. I’ve got a tach and a multi meter, I’ll measure some time.

5 Likes

But can you imagine that one-off $1000 rush, 140kv-190kv-230kv-270kv

7 Likes

or even go with chain if gear drive breaks the budget

8 Likes

:+1: to this idea

7 Likes

Dr. Octopush, I don’t suppose you’re taking any new patients? Cause I got a fever. And the only prescription is more motorbells. :pill::rofl: plus, I feel like you’d understand my condition/addiction better than my current doctor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This build is utterly ridiculous and I love it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’re a mad man.

6 Likes

I need to hear this… With 8 motors screaming HFI on start, and taking off with chains…

7 Likes

Wouldn’t BLDC scream more?

2 Likes

FTFY.

ZachTetra Please tell me more about how to build that you were talking about how to run 2 motors per wheel or 2 wheels per 1 motor?? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Paul-

I bumped your account so you won’t be limited in posting or messaging.

Welcome!

Basically you get this and put 1 motor per wheel…since the mass is the same and the wheel are the same it will not affect the max acceleration you get or anything but every bump and crack in the road is experienced as two smaller bumps so the ride quality is smoother. It also adds more lateral resistance to turning so the stability is bumped up a bit more. Overall it would feel safer to hit a stupid high speed with more wheels

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Tandem-Skateboard-Cruiser-Longboard/dp/B01IKLAGYA

2 Likes

Something like that with loaded motors or NeoHubs would be a very interesting build. Lots of $$$ to try AWD though lol. Maybe 4WD with one motor on each wheel pair, or all 4 rear wheels powered or something.

Either way, I think it should be done. Its super cool that the NeoHubs give us options like this that were previously unavailable.

3 Likes

Might want to look into different belts than H series. I build 30lb battlebots and i was told to use s5m belts due to their ability to transfer higher torque than htd belts

I think a lot of the belt’s ability comes down to how well tensioned it is.
Not to one-up you, but my high school robotics team used the 15mm wide HTD 5mm belts from VEXpro and our robots weighed close to 150 pounds after the battery, bumpers, and game piece. We were very precise in how we tensioned the belts and it took some trialling after transitioning from chains and direct drive gearboxes. Using larger pulleys helps to keep more teeth engaged which may be where my 120 pound robots had the advantage over your 30 pound ones. We also didn’t have the most powerful of motors, they maxed out around 400 watts on 12 volts.

4 Likes