6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

@Cyanoacrylate as far as performance goes, you’re exactly right. mods, freeze this thread until after 30 Jan, bc It’s time for supersingle x4.

::BarrettJunction has entered the Chat::

@ARZ @glyphiks 100% (:shushing_face:, 4 unitys in one enclosure is literally the next few posts here, except now featuring @b264 firmware)

Got things to make. Also, if a motherfucker or two in SoCal and Arizona could wear a mask, that would free up some build time. I’ll pipe down now.

10 Likes

Also very cool :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’m super single x 1000. Suck it Barret. . .

3 Likes

I gotta come down sometime and see this holy shit lol

Won’t you be running into motor thermal throttling before it’s worth running super single?

I have just stumbled onto this thread and I am now fucking terrified of @Arzamenable and what he is capable of. 8 fucking motors?!

3 Likes

If he’s able to use that much power without towing a truck, I’d be shocked. There’s only so much power you can use before you topple off the board LoL.z

2 Likes

I’d be cool to see if you could burn out all 4 wheels on command, though. That would be a BEAST. You could beat a lot of muscle cars over short runs, like 100m

3 Likes

I thought MayTech 6396 ran really hot, I would imagine TB100 and similar is the motor for super single?

1 Like

Agreed, he will probably need some sticky carting tyres to get enough grip to use all that power.

4 Likes

Is love to see a drag optimized build. Huge dual drive, probably really long, grab handle on the front, Big tyres on the back.

6 Likes

I would watch the shit out of some esk8 drag racing.

4 Likes

your litterally describing my upcoming build

4wd 6396 with 18kw output max on stretched tires
geared for a max of 60mph

unnamed (32)

8 Likes

Fact for life
Bigger = better = faster

Actually had a teacher who used to be a drag racer

Engineering wise no core losses etc etc

Smaller motors offer more power per kg and a higher tork. I guessing you get a mor consist start as well as your even less likely to have all the motor in a bad position

But this is all in theory always nigaling issues to fix. I know some fighting robots use multiple Vesc’s / motors to drive single wepions.

Is where a human alive, that can actually gun something like a 4x 638+ board in a straight up to that board top speed? Assuming the board had a medium gearing.

3 Likes

The name is Mike. Dr. Mike.

5 Likes

Have to see it too believe it. Unless he is 300 pounds or his feet are imbedded in the deck

2 Likes

ski boots for skateboards…