6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

So much of this :man_shrugging::man_shrugging: Fukin makes no sense

3 Likes

Stoogeboards on 3-link geometry running 8s packs without pneumatics tires, on 2wd, can catch us both on any length course. I can win a straight line punch for 100m, but that’s it.

They are more versatile than most suspect.

5 Likes

I worked the epoxy some more. This riser has a lip encompassing the perimeter of the aluminum hatch.

I didn’t find my iPad pencil, but I will survive. I don’t have any board tinkering to do but submit dxf files to sendcutsend.

Next post with laser cut parts or nothing. Mike out. Goodnight.

5 Likes

I’m thinking the high kv motors are more powerful 12000 watts max each compared to 4000 allow for a broader power band. No actually experience with these though… @moestooge can you chip in?

2 Likes

Higher kv motors are capable of more watts (they’ve got bigger wires, yo), clearly it makes sense to run higher kv and then compensate with lower voltage or higher ratios.
Both of those have their limiting factors though. Where are the dual stage drives?

1 Like

@GJF1 some answers here.
For Esk8 the inrunner is a better small motor design in every category with the exception of gearing.

3 Likes

@Arzamenable I always wondered, any big reason why you haven’t switched to 3links on this/the 4wd? I don’t mean inrunners and 8s, K just mean the trucks themselves…

Maybe the long wait? I asked @moestooge to add me to the list but he is just one man. As aoon as he sends me a message, im getting a pair

2 Likes

Glad to see you joining the ranks :eyes: The reason they haven’t been sold since my batch is because I believe he’s making them cnc’ed, which should take away one of the more labor intensive parts of making them…

And they are going to be IN FREAKING STOCK for everyone to buy :heart_eyes:

I agree though, the long wait definitely could be the factor. I’ve got a few other reasons but they don’t make as much sense :joy:

4 Likes

Whatever the reason, im willing to wait in line… even better if they come improved!!

1 Like

56114 s damn that’s :fire::fire::fire::fire:

And @DEEIF, oh for sure. I just need to finish this out to say I did it once. There are 561xx that are rated at 8000W each.

SRB boards with just (:wink:) 2wd inrunners are monsters that legitimately need detuning depending on track length. I know, I’m a pro at catching @MoeStooge @JaysTCB @MarioChacon and @redbeards kicked-up road debris with my face and eyeballs.

7 Likes

I’m in that place every Sunday :joy:

5 Likes

I got 8 of these. Obviously in red. Update: I’m doing freshmen engineering shit with amazon calipers, making ‘models’. :unamused:

6 Likes

Motor coolers :joy: Coolest motors in the West

2 Likes

It’s funny until you melt things that shouldn’t melt. :man_shrugging:🙅🏻:dancer::dancer:

4 Likes

There is a quick board in this picture, I swear.

I’ve been busy with work and life lately, in a good way. I live in a new area where I don’t feel like king of the surface streets anymore. I’m working on fixing that.

I got a laptop I actually want to use (not the MS surface dedicated to .gov work and VESC^™ Esc tinkering). I’ve learned enough baby CAD to do something that looks like precision was intended.

I can print things. my lungs and brain cells still hurt from PTFE off gassing, … I know. (CF is also conductive)

The garage is still a place for fucking things up and making poor engineering decisions I’ll regret in the AM.

The boards are tucked away in their home.

There is also this neighborhood kid. I can’t understand a word he says, but he goes straight for the boards anytime the garage door is open. His helmet is reasonable.

Okay, okay, Damn, I know. I’m sending the dwg files to sendcutsend.com for metal cuttin’.

20 Likes

Hell yes.

4 Likes

I can’t help but notice a distinct lack of vodka in the workshop… but yes. The helmet is reasonable.

8 Likes

I cleaned up before posting.

14 Likes