63-100 motor groupbuy interest test USA

Same windings but longer length due to the longer stator.
This means higher resistance hence more heat generated for the same amount of current or same heat for less current as in this case.

Thought this is a good place to share my experiance with APS motors and their costomer service

First i got 2x 6384 motors, after about 50km of modest use the bell somehow got out of balance and magnets rubbed against the stator, APS said they had sent me a new bell but didnt want to confirm that they actually sent me one. It never arrived even after 2 months. Then they wanted me to pay the shipping for another rotor for the faulty product placed under EU warranty, when i made another order from them they finally agreed to send the rotor with that package but it was a lot of hazzle and in the end i had to pay the shipping for it

Secondly i got me some 8085 motors, on one of them the glued down sensor cables came loose and the rotating bell damaged the sensor cables, managed to fix that and i battle hardened both 8085 motors. After a week or so the other 8085 motor got short circuit due to the insulation melting on one of the phase wires. Ran them at 120 motor A and they are rated for 150 according to APS spec sheet.

So because i have the etoxx 80mm APS drives im bound to use APS motors, therefore i ordered 2x 80100s that according to the blueprint on website are 92mm long but in reality they are 107mm, so they didnt fit on my vertigo truck since the end of the motor hits the baseplate of the truck. Will extend my axels and get this to work eventually since those motors just look rediculous

Summary, i had nothing but bad experiance with both the APS products and the way they treat their costomers. Yet i regret that i still buy stuff from them… mainly because they are the only ones i can find in europe that has 80mm motors at a decent price

2 Likes

Maybe the changed the motor to allow room for it? Not sure tbh.

They did say they are still in production in the factory and need time

1 Like

Idk how it is this time, but last time I ordered from aps something on backorder it took 3month till I got the motors. :sweat_smile:

Are they actually worth it?
From the stator pictures I have seen they are not substantially bigger than good 6374. Hell, the 6384 are smaller.

1 Like

Magnet choice makes a huge difference. As heat increases, the magnetic fields strength decreases. If subjected to too much heat then the magnet gets permanently damaged and you are left with weak motors. You can get strong magnets that can only take small amounts of heat and weaker magnets that can take a lot.

Magnets that are properly glued to the bell is the expectation for any motor…

Hey @Dirt_Bag did you ever end up trying out those 2 motors? I’m looking at 6374+ with a lower kv than the 190 I’m using now and thought these are interesting.

However I am wary of APS motors and magnet reliability.

1 Like

aps was a nightmare to deal with and i ended up cancelling it and buying from china. they should be here soon.

just plan on battle hardening every motor that is not from a reliable brand/factory

I wanted to buy a couple of 63100 from Chine, unfortunately they do not build them with 8mm shaft…exited to know how they perform…

Just talked to Alibaba’s vendor. 63100, stator size 53mmx70mm, sensored. 160 usd for 2 motors plus shipping to my country (95usd in my case), 20 days to produce, 7 days to ship. No need to bulk buy…

Image sent by vendor

1 Like

I want. 2 with sensors

did you buy it?

also these 6384 motors are $52 a pop.

1 Like

Did you try those motors, would you recommend them?

no i have not. cant decide between the two.

@IndianGummy
The 52$ one is a 10mm shaft tho are you good with that?

I will try to contact them to know if they would accept change a few things while keeping the 2 pcs MOQ. Like silicon wires and 8mm shaft. Unless you have already.

i havent talked to them at all and i actully want 10mm shafts.

1 Like

Howcome it says “power: 5000W” but also “max power : 4000W”?

1 Like

My guess is that 5000W is irrelevant just to get clicks and the datasheet is accurate ish.

These seem like knockoff products at knockoff prices, not that it is a bad thing. Do you think the quality is there for a reliable motor? These are more for a E-MTB right?

1 Like

idk all i can say is I would have fun putting these on thanes for science

1 Like