6" Pneumatics best manufacturing quality options

The tire compendium is congested with alot of stuff.

These Evolve tires are either at the end of there life cycle or not manufactured well.

The hubs are true and without slop(after wrapping the bearings) but the tires are all over the the place and vibrating like crazy.

Who’s manufacturing 6" tires that have better tolerances and last a good amount of miles?
Hnet-image

1 Like

Why is the video so W I D E ?

8 Likes

Stretched huuuuuuubs bro

6 Likes

gifing is hard

2 Likes

What is the Meepo stuff like I haven’t much reference to them?

My experience with Evolve 6" tires has been similar. The tires were not true and had both up/down and side to side. Oddly, the 7" Evolve tires were much more true.

I have had pretty good luck with the 6" tires from mboards. Not perfect but way more true than the Evolve 6"

I think finding quality tires is serious issue. If a manufacturer can make true tires, They will most likely sell well. I am going through a set of pneumatics every 300-400 miles. I think maby people are going through pneumatics at about the same rate.

2 Likes

I do around 106 miles per week and the secondhand board had around 1200 miles on it, now I’m at 2038.

So these have made it 838 miles plus whatever the last guy put on minus his urethane use.

Looked at Mboards but I’ve heard the sunmates are hit and miss.

sucks big time that metroboard still doesn’t have their 6 inch tires back… would love to try a set, heard great things. not to hijack but anybody know an ETA?

2 Likes

my evolve 7s are wobbly as hell… also struggling to find a consistently good 6-7inch tire

1 Like

I think I have read that these are some of the best quality/performing 6" tires out there. I wonder why they are not able to get them back in stock. Supply chain issues?

1 Like

I’ve read the same, and no idea. Emailed them a few times to ask but never get a response.

Doesnt hoyt makes hoyt make some good ones.

1 Like

that dont fit any standard rim? yes.

1 Like

I’ve looked for Hota before and nobody lists them as such so it’s a pain in the ass. Emailed and called onsra and got fuck all for a response from there Cali office.

4 Likes

You can get the hotas at this link Replacement parts Pneumatic AT wheels – rideonsra

4 Likes

just as a general thing, Fred (esk8unity) knows fuckall about the technical aspects of esk8. Take what he says with a grain of salt

7 Likes

most definitely but in the vid he does do a pretty good breakdown of a bunch of tires and how they feel… makes me wanna try the hotas

2 Likes

Hotas are good. They last nicely too.

3 Likes

These dumptruck are the shit

5 Likes

yeah hotas at a low tire pressure is real nice. (2 bar for me)
I went through my pair in 2-3 weeks though.
and at the end of it’s life I also got two flats from the steel wire sidewalls wearing down the inner tube.

3 Likes