∼ $500-2000 Prebuilt List

Are you really trying to compare throwaway boards with very spotty CS/QC to hoyt st??
The quality is many levels apart. Its just a different league

1 Like

But the specs and performance of the China board are miles ahead in these price brackets.
I’d never pay $2k for a board as slow as Hoyt St El 2.1 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh, you’ve ridden a EL2.1?

1 Like

Specs means shit when your board is broke within a year and your left high and dry by CS.
Not sure what you’re getting at here debating mass produced boards to the quality of Hoyt. Every part of them is produced to the highest quality(much of which statside) while the others you mention are produced with margins in mind.

There are many customers with different priorities while purchasing boards.
Cheap boards aren’t quality and quality boards aren’t cheap.

To me, belt is clearly superior to hub, so meepo is a non-option. Tynee is using a 10s3p DMEGC 29E pack which on paper has higher capacity than the Ownboard which has a 10s2p Samsung 40T pack AFAIK. In reality, the Ownboard pack should be the better of the two though I’m fairly certain. The cells Tynee uses are not really any good when much current is drawn from them. Also how long something has been out for has little bearing on how good it is IMO. To me the ownboard mini would still be the clear choice between the 3. They’re all cheap prebuilts so I wouldn’t expect much from any of them though.

I’m just saying if I were getting a premium street board in that price range it wouldn’t be Hoyt.
First of all they don’t even ship to Europe and even if they did it would be way too expensive for it to ever be worth it
Metroboard seems like a way better option in that case and if I’m getting a board with pneumatic wheels I absolutely wouldn’t get Hoyt since I’d get like 10-15 mile range most likely.

Nah Tynee is using Molicel cells in their new boards at least.
Tynee has both tail puck and nose guard.
It has a larger battery option at 360wh which is largest one I’ve seen on a mini board.
For a mini board I would personally prefer having 105mm hubs but yes that’s highly preferential and most people would pick belt motors.

I wonder when people are starting to realize that specs aren’t everything.

Some prefer a well built, QC’d and balanced board over a board that may be faster and cheaper but might also have worse QC or Customer service.

say what

blame it on ur country’s customs, not the brand that u buying from

ha

1 Like

We are working with people in both the UK and EU to get our boards over there. Then maybe you can see one for yourself.

1 Like

Go to the next step.
Then it says they don’t ship :slight_smile: (At least to Sweden and they also say that on their website)

The cost of shipping has nothing to do with my country’s customs and when ordering from China they fix so you don’t have to pay any import fees :slight_smile:

Yes, they are committing crimes called custom fraud by lying about the price of the item.

calls B-one, Poisous Bee (never heard of em), and propel “premium”

1 Like

@TheBoardGarage Your favorite board b-one balrog is on the list.

1 Like

so they don’t ship to a country inside of europe = they don’t ship to europe?

do u know what china is best at? committing fraud is one of them, they ship the board as parts then assemble in destination warehouse to bypass certain laws and regulations

3 Likes

2 Likes

that’s a company that doesn’t commit customs fraud, of course they would do everything by the book

They are saying they do not offer international shipping.
Test going to the next step on Hoyt website and they will say they are not shipping to Germany :slight_smile:
Does Hoyt St ship internationally? Yes and no. We currently offer international shipping on our remote controls but not yet on our full board builds. For international puck orders, email hoytskate@hoytskate.com for quotes and instructions.

I never called either of them a premium board? :thinking:
I did call Metroboard a premium street board.
If I were getting a pneumatic board in the same price range as Hoyt it would probably be this :slight_smile:

Ah, they have multiple versions. The Ownboard is $569 10s2p 288 Wh Samsung 40T. The Tynee I was looking at is $589 and IMO almost certainly not as good as the Ownboard with the DMEGC cells. They have another they say uses Molicel cells for $629 (that would be closer to $750 than $500), but I can’t figure out what cells because their math is all wrong. They say 12s, 6.0 Ah, and 216 Wh. That doesn’t add up. 216 Wh would be 10s 6Ah. Also to my knowledge Molicel doesn’t produce anything with 2 Ah or 3 Ah per cell so idk what they are using. Maybe their overrating the INR20700 in 2p? Their capacity is close to a 12s2p p26A. I don’t really know what they’re doing. Anyway, I’d probably still take the Ownboard especially considering the price. For $769 they do have a board that might be better than the Ownboard, but again I can’t actually figure out what cells it has because they can’t do math.

Anyway, I don’t really care, but I think a list like this is bound to have things that people disagree with unless you’re just listing everything available.