4wd set up options, what do you do?

did you end up getting your order?

I git my refund this morning

2 Likes

Yeah my shit never came but I got the refund from ali so all good.

3 Likes

awww. too good to be true :ā€™(

Just tried two vx1 receivers and one remote and it works.

First put remote in pairing mode then start both boards at the same time and pew pew two drivetrains on one remote. I have only tried this for a few sec with the wheels in the air but it looked good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to get peopleā€™s opinions on something but I donā€™t really want to start a thread since I have no information to contribute to the discussion.

What are peopleā€™s thoughts on running different sized motors from front to back?

Example; TB 6374 front TB 6380 rear (same kv)

1 Like

It works :slightly_smiling_face: Perfectly fine

1 Like

I have a 5694 and 5684 rated at 200a and 145a currently on Ol Grumpy.
Same Manufacturer, gearing, esc settings and Kv
I initially thought the smaller motor would pull more demand but they run real similar amp wise.
Smaller motor does run warmer but they do balance watt wise, within light operating under 6000w combined on the data logger.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I wanted to hear.
Iā€™m slightly fixated on accomplishing four-wheel drive because of the train and conditions around me. But I could save like $100 buying 6374s rather than 6380s, which makes this goal much more reachable for me lol.

1 Like

For accel you have less fwd bite on the front. Smaller cans up front seemingly would compliment an awd setup as long as the overall desired Watts are met.

2 Likes

thanks moe, now if someone would buy my moto leathers i could buy more motors lol

Completely agree. I think 6374 rear and 6355 front or 6380/6355

plus this leaves you lots of room up front for lights

1 Like

Iā€™m on matrix 2 trucks so 6374 up front has tons of room.

1 Like

I doubt you could get them to pull the amps or really get too hot for an open can at least, sealed 6374 would be a better bet I guess

1 Like

Trying to stay TB up front

1 Like

go all 6374 for all I care. Would then also have matching bearings and replacement parts for all.

I got 6355s all round and itā€™s spicy enough for an old man.

4 Likes

Already have the 6380s in the rear lol

1 Like

Itā€™s the hills Iā€™m completely surrounded by that keep me from 6355.
Thereā€™s zero avoiding them, they are long, steep and multiple in every direction. And Iā€™m 200lbs.

You used to run on 2x 6374s though?