4wd set up options, what do you do?

Question regarding 4wd set up. Could I use 2fsesc 6.6 duals with 2 separate receivers and one remote? Like my vx1 flipsky? Or will my remote only pair to one of the receivers?

2 Likes

Use a Y splitter from the receiver to the vescs, dont think you can pair to two receivers.

Gotcha, so basicly Pair both vesc to one reciever. This will work?

If you are using a PPM receiver then yes a Y splitter will do fine :slight_smile:

What about uart?

1 Like

PPM tends to be more reliable works very consistently on every platform.

How about 4WD for ~$102

US $25.48 35%OFF | High Quality Best Price Drop ShippingFSESC 4.12 50A Based on VESC Source Project And Compatible With VESC Software 2019 New
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rXuSrfDA

2 Likes

tempting for a cheap build i have in mind…

Works great with my quad.
You can pair up to 5 receiver to one gt2b remote.

4 Likes

Yeah for dual dual the 4.12 is probably good enough and you can’t beat $25 shipped. Can’t really supply 200A cont. very well anyway.

If that was the new normal price for Flipsky 4.12 I would be pretty happy.

has anyone tried this on 12s or are y’all sticking to 10s? would probably still build a 10s super light short range commuter board with these but u know…out of curiosity…

1 Like

Are they really 25$ shipped, that’s the best price yet

@pundahh posted it on discord kinda thought he might have seen it on the forum. He said he couldn’t get it because Canada. Wish I had $52 to waste… “Price Drop” so this is the regular price now?

I could hope. People selling Flipsky 4.12 VESCs for more than $25 should be concerned.

2 Likes

Still can’t spend any money for the next 3 days. I’m going to snatch 6 if the price stays

Yeah hopefully it’s a relatively long sale. Maybe in two weeks I could get two to run those 6355 I’m buying from you.

Does 4.12 work well at 12S 40A?
Last one worked great on 12S 80A lipo but shutdown then burned a trace when testing on 6S 50A (over Erpm high kv)

That’s what I’m wondering because I just switched to 12s

I wouldn’t run more then 50a, I think it would blow. I’m going to run it on 3 3s lipos and build a board for my little sis if the sale stays

Yeah I should try to power on the vesc and read the app data to see what it was running when it died.

It was a Vanda electronics 4.12 vesc not a Flipsky. I think it worked really well, I don’t have a comparison to Chinese ESCs tho.

1 Like

Worked perfectly on 12s bldc sensored (no foc, foc fries it the 1st day!), tested on the road trip on an MTB setup (6384, 12s +48Ah, 8"), during summer heat wave, with almost 90km/day during a week on all-terrain condition (and still working good of curse).

2 Likes

hmmm… extra tempted!

there might be 2 less for you by the time u get there =P

How many amps do you run on the 6384?