4WD MTB build: advice needed

One thing to consider is weight. I also wanted to build a heavy duty 4wd mountainboard until I tried a 2wd form a friend. Then I imagined adding another set of heavy drives to the other side and how that’s going to decrease the maneuverability.

I do a lot of small jumps with the front wheels when going over obstacles, adjusting my balance or changing direction.

2 Likes

Yep it looks like several people have run into issues in the past, it seems that Infinities are fine but Vertigos have too much material lost or something.

Ah, I have the solid axles, must be the infinity then my mistake.

Hi @ eliSk8.

I’m 198 cm and 85-88 kg.

I use a TRAMPA HS11 deck 16 ply with 10 inches tyres and TRAMPA PHATLADS rims, 2x FSESC 6.6 DUAL controllers (I’ve used 5 of them, killed only one but it was my fault) with ESKATING.EU (Maytech) 6374 190kv motors, 4x TURNIGY GRAPHENE PANTHER 6000mAh 6S 75C battery packs.

I’ve chosen TRAMPA straight cut spur gear drive because in my opinion it’s the one which offers the best protection for the aluminium tubs. Their aluminium bash guards are great! I also like the clamping system. The mount never moves on the hanger.

TRAMPA VERTIGO trucks needed the barrels kit upgrade so as to improve stability with 10 inches wheels. But it remains a feeling that if you take a bump on one side of your board on a clean road then you are sentenced to bad injuries if you were fast. No issue off-road.

10 inches wheels felt awfully unbalanced with the MEGASTARS because of uncentered spokes.

This build is 23.7 kg but it’s amazing for off-roading and going far from other people.

You’re right about amps I’ve never exceeded 60A max battery current per ESC.

1 Like