44 Demonseed aka “DemonSpeed”

Dude. At 18s you need 140 or lower. Maybe even 120. I have some trampa 118kv’s you can try out

but I thought as long as I don’t hit the upper speeds I’ll be geared for the motors should be alright?

Whats your gear ratio and wheel size?

1 Like

20/67 stretched 155’s rn

but with those base plate extenders I can prob run 8’s

I’ll prob pick up some 15T motor gears to have those an option

At 170kv ur looking at a top speed of roughly 55mph. If you went with 120kv motors you’d have a top speed of 38mph and a fuckton of torque/ efficient acceleration.

3 Likes

I’m just gunna buy 15T motor gears ¯_(ツ)_/¯

puts me just under 40 max

edit - bought 14t:

2 Likes

Yup. I’d do that. Gonna sound awesome at that high RPM

2 Likes

open straight cut gears ftw

6 Likes

…that was spot on

1 Like

took me awhile but I had to find it lol

1 Like

A man of culture I see

1 Like

5 Likes

Mahahahah gold

1 Like

I now have all parts needed to get this going (although my 18s charger won’t be here for almost another month)

Project for the weekend, make this enclosure fit:

As you can see front fits quite nice, rear not so much. So my plan is to dremel off the rear flare so this straight line continues:

That plus a thicker rubber or foam gasket of some sort should put me juuuust right

Open to other ideas but yeah don’t think I have any other options to make this fit nice.

Honestly I have confidence I can make this look flush with not too much finessing (famous last words)

5 Likes

If you move it back does the rear match the deck? If so you could just chop it in the middle and make it longer. Might be a pain but it would look a lil better imo

1 Like

thought about that but I still want this too look clean - and the cleanest final I can think of is chopping the flair off the back. It’ll sit more "forward"on the belly but I am ok with that. If i ever take the baseplate extenders off i could prob use the room for motor mounts.

Making a middle section that is as robust and flows as seamlessly with the enclosure is some fiberglass work I don’t have the chops for.

2 Likes

plus I need the motor wires to come out the back too so I was going to have to do something back there anyway

2 Likes

I think chopping the tail is for sure a good way to go

2 Likes

Word - I bought some 1/4” neoprene gasket too that should help “smooth” the edges where they meet

1 Like

update - I’m getting a custom enclosure made LOL

8 Likes