3rd round GB - Closed - few parts left_ Paris / Caliber2 / TB 218 / Kahua precision adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers!

Wow, these look amazing! Keep up the good work man!!

Not sure if it’s too early to ask but what’s the expected price range for these?

No problem I am totally open, I just share my project to get back something to develop new ones. The first round I gave at basically what they cost me and was 125$ for the pair. Next round have to be like 15$ more in total, just to get back something otherwise I will always be in deficit :sweat_smile:. First I want to hear from the other riders what they think.

Of course I am always considering low number GB. The price vary a lot based on the number.

2 Likes

Definitely keep me in the loop for the second round!

I love playing with new stuff!!

2 Likes

These are beautifully milled! Did you cnc them yourself?

Now with the new CNC I could but time manner is not efficient. No I offshore the parts. Way faster and also keep lower the cost. Of I have to machine them alone will take me forwver for everyone.

1 Like

:open_mouth: … now it’s perfect :ok_hand: !!!

I didn’t like to get the nut flush with the outside of the wheel, but I will not cut it (I have a pair so want to keep both ) and wait for the next MAD GB :smile:

2 Likes

Ah ok that what I aspected from my rough calculation… Good like that.

1 Like

So the next test for you is the Kahua + hammock :blush::pray:

Yes, thanks for the tips ^^ !

And here it is mate :

I just have to order a shorter kingpin :wink:

2 Likes

Why shorter? If it fits without the nut then you only have to tight it.

Anyhow if you need a shorter one the length is important but also the thread length. Becuase is upside down has to be long enough to allow you tight it down and do not reach the limit before you reach the position you want. It’s a bit odd to explained :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

the nut is in already, and if I tight it, i will only win the length of the nut in, but there is a lot more outside of the baseplate here or does it could go under it ?

I will choose the same length thread as the actual one :wink:

2 Likes

Please remove the nut and insert the king pin
Then show me the pic.

:wink: I will, sounds good too like the TB218 non-issue :v:

Ho yes, it does!

Yes I designed like that on purpose :smirk:
Of without the nut it the kingping fit, then you only have to tight it down the nut

2 Likes

Once again, PERFECT :+1:

@mmaner / @BillGordon, Alessio should deserve a title: The MAD King !!

8 Likes

Ah you see! I lose my nights for those things but at the end :wink:
Love the look with Kahua…

4 Likes

Done :grin:

3 Likes

:pray: haha, thank you !!

2 Likes

ahahah thanks a lot appreciate it!

and thank you @Riako for the support :grinning:

3 Likes

@rey8801 you are Marvel-ous! Doesn’t hurt that you’re a pretty cool dude too. Keep up the great work, I must have missed the thread in the other place about these :frowning:

3 Likes