3rd round GB - Closed - few parts left_ Paris / Caliber2 / TB 218 / Kahua precision adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers!

Thanks. @Riako idea :kissing_smiling_eyes:

The spent a couple hours messing about with these totally love them and wish I had 2 sets !! Will post some pics later

Edit: they fit Fatboy hangers fine

1 Like

Good good! Happy you like it.

So it works on kahua?
@rey8801 put me on the next list then please :grin:

2 Likes

yep looks like. It’s caliber based so I thought so but to @Riako the sentence :laughing:

Some use Kahua hanger with Caliber 2 base plate … :slight_smile:
and here I use he pivot cup of the kahua in the hammock and fit like a glove

I also set them on PNL base plate too :

4 Likes

you have all the possible skate gears…Thanks man for all the tests.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::laughing: … don’t tell this to my GF !.. hahhaha

I buy and resell and buy new things, them test and sell them etc. etc etc
I was lost in a loop! So I got a lot of references and try ^^ (also, making Amadride force me too, making full custom R2R build with almost all the part available around the world… I had the chance to can see, set and test things I will never get in my hand without this micro-enterprise adventure).

But Alessio, you highlight me! Now (after the mega summer road trip) I will make my thing as I did in the past with my Xmount but following the MAD king way !!
I need a milling CNC (instead of going through machiners), I would love a little late too … just desktop one to learn 1st.

2 Likes

You better do it man! If you need a CNC there is one on sale since 1 month in Belgium. Great little machine and the guy just dropped the price. It’s a Femco f1. I already posted for someone on the other forum but still there. I just got mine otherwise that would have been gone already and save me a lot of money.

I can send you the link.

Btw little highlight

Now in the printer…

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

6 Likes

So clean…
This truck are really wide. It’s like 340mm?

1 Like

yes they are a bit Mad too :smile: !
340mm total truck width with 12mm axles made of extremely strong carbon steel, 8mm stepped.

2 Likes

Indeed… You can fit really bigmotor in these trucks.

Yes ^^ 6380 shouldn’t be a problem at all ! Maybe 6384 depend on the angle of the motor mount (to let space with the kingpin / or back of base plate if reverse …). Here Haggy 6364 one :

its really nice that your Hammock fit the Kahua hanger !! Haggy drive kit with the motor mount and tensionning system are awesome !

3 Likes

they look amazing indeed. Definitely 6380 should be possible.

1 Like

You make me (almost) do it ^^ , APS 6384 (my 6380 aren’t repaired yet) :

1 Like

plenty of space and same motor size I used for the MAD storm :grinning:

1 Like

And kahua are cheap and quality is perfect.
Much much nicer than surfrod (what a crappy finish do they have…im used to show car show bike finish… Tbh my thai bike parts have a better finish)

2 Likes

I personally like both the trucks. I don’t think thst SR is bad made. It’s a precision truck and the CNC finish is nice to me. For precision truck e you will always find more geometrical shape than classical truck because of the machining price. Make 3d rounded shapes cost way more and reduce precision over maybe some gain in aestetic.
The tool path and operations will be double almost.

2 Likes

Working on something similar :slight_smile:

8 Likes