3DServisas Products Discussions

Neither do I, but I know that epoxy melts down the plastic drinking cups I use to mix it lol

2 Likes

hahaha yaaa the one I know is that acetone can be put into most hitchen tupperwear as an intermediary holder.

1 Like

Bingo! I found what is causing the sound… Cleaned all the grease and spun the gear by hand and could hear and feel where to issue was directly!
Seems like they missed the fine milling on 3 of the teeth so there is still a sharpe edge :slight_smile: Not sure if it will affect anything but makes a really annoying sound :roll_eyes:

The bad teeth

how it should look

Excuse the shitty picture its really hard to get a good one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hm weird, at least it’s an easy fix, probably only takes 10 seconds to file down

2 Likes

jupp :slight_smile:

Just a bit concerned that it’s wear and not a defect. If its wear the gear isn’t round or not centered which is a big problem.

It’s crazy hard to be 100% cause the plastic just hides marks really good.

1 Like

What bearings are these and can you replace them?
One has become harder to turn, unsure why.

4 Likes

6202 2ZZ(metal shields)/2RS(rubber shields)/DU(NSK free-floating shields).

Yes, they are replaceable if you have a press (simple one will do), heck I replaced mine for the first time with a vice. :joy: Otherwise you’d need a bearing puller.

Press out the gear first, then the bearing. Cool the bearing in the freezer, heat up the adapter plate. Drop the bearing in (or press it in, but temp effects will require much less force). Afterwards you only need to press the gear in.

I think the guide for replacement of these bearings were somewhere in this post, will see if I can find it and link it here.

6 Likes

Also these bearings get damaged if the motor wire exit point is not sealed and water gets in through the shaft and shaft bearings. To avoid that, please add silicone sealant to the wire exit point.

9 Likes

Flipsky 63100 fit FatBoy320 SS HD-MINI?

2 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

Haha mine did that recently but I’m pretty sure it was due to damage on my side. Was setting up the gears on apex airs and I guess I either didn’t torque down or forgot to. Went around the block 2 times and the motor pulley broke free and started not engaging correctly.

Isolated it to a specific point on the pulley but they looked visually fine to me. Even after degreasing it. About to do a replacement on them since they started making more noise as I was testing the apex airs.

3 Likes

Are you sure your centers are aligned? Maybe there are misalignment issues. Didn’t hear that any of 3ds geardrives are compatible, maybe some older ones.

2 Likes

Yeah the older 22mm square ones are.
Have a few sets running on these.

3 Likes

Yeah, I also moved them back and the noise follows. One pulley is screwy but very hard to
Tell visually to me. If I install it on a certain side the noise only happens on deceleration and reverse. I was able to nab a replacement to compare them now.

2 Likes

Concluded that its wear on mine :confused: really odd that only 3 teeth got it. I can actually feel that the backlash is a bit less on the damaged ones. Must have missed to check backlash on that small part when I did the assembly… Checked on 4-5 different places.

@3DServisas got any idea how this could be? I have a really hard time to believe that the gear is not 100% round. All bearings feels good no play anywhere and everything is tightened. :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t worry there will be an explanation on how this is your fault

8 Likes

I think you confused them with Flipsky :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

I don’t know, how does flipsky handle this type of stuff?

1 Like

Could you have dropped the gear on the ground by accident? Not saying you did, but this precise deformation on the outside of three teeth looks like an impact of some sorts. :man_shrugging:

:joy: oh lord dont say they are like Trampa frank :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes