3DServisas Products Discussions

I will try to make a video about full assembly of gear drives so the amount of grease that needs to be applied is visible.

Fun fact: this grease is functional in the range of -55 to 190 'C.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve clocked approx. 140 miles against my finality drive so far and havenā€™t noticed any significant change in range or efficiency :man_shrugging:
Unfortunately I havenā€™t tested any other gear drives to be able to compare them against but so far very happy with my purchase!

3 Likes

Awesome man. Good to hear it!

2 Likes

double this number and we are still lightyears ahead of other modes of transport, which is incredible. Iā€™d happily take the range hit for a finality. Iā€™ll buy a set as soon as I can afford it.

10 Likes

Iā€™m horribly indecisive but picked up a finality set. I switched the drive train on my flux back and forth a few times between it and a similar 3DS drive train. I didnā€™t really notice a hit to range until I bumped up to 9 inch tires. But I love 9 inch tires, they make the shit roads around here bearable. My only regret is not getting a 4wd setup.

8 Likes

I am so tempted to do 4wd!!! The only thing holding ne back is that I hate out facing motors on the front, if I can figure out a way to face some motors up or back, will probbaly go 4wd. Might see if some 6355s on the front would do the trick

5 Likes

6355 inwards facing in the front, 6374 in the back, would be a cool setup

9 Likes

Yeah we are going to play around with it, see what I can Make happen

3 Likes

6355s on the front on mini eco.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s nice. I wonder if @3DServisas rides Apex Air :thinking:

7 Likes

I only ride my own hangers to test them in real life conditions. :laughing:

12 Likes

18 Likes

Yeah this is likely what I will have to do also

3 Likes

Real should get around to finishing this board however it always seems to be the bottom of my priority list.

3 Likes

Is that deck the trampa bigboi?

1 Like

Yeah its the longer bigboi but with the tips cut in more to accommodate the motors.

I actually really like this setup in theory. The big-boi has the bends closer to the trucks meaning you get more clearance, wider stance and your feet are closer to the trucks. The small drives and motors keep it light and flipping the hanger shortens the wheelbase, raises the clearance. Finally the above deck motors bring all the weight in way close to your feet which should give a lot of control and authority.

Just need to finish it but my motivation to do so is ever fleeting.

15 Likes

4wd is alot of work lol, i get it

5 Likes

I really like this build. If I ever did AWD it would be 6374 in the rear and 6355 in the front.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it better to have the power delivery (and weight) balanced f/r?

I rather save on overall weight, maybe 6355 all the way around. Would still limit the power of the front-drive when not needed. This would be for a board meant to travel in the snow/mud.

1 Like