3DServisas Products Discussions

Matrix 2 total length 410mm , FatBoy320 and Finality have 454mm .

5 Likes

The only drawback for me is the increase of rotating mass with alloy rims + finality hubs VS no hub + plastic MBS rims.
I donā€™t want to loose punch :thinking:

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be that guy: I think taking a dump before the ride will offset the loss of punch. :laughing:

11 Likes

I think this is one of the most innovative esk8 products ive seen for a long time, congratulations @3DServisas - its great to see new technology entering our scene.

23 Likes

This is awesome @3DServisas

Are the bearings really sealed from the elements? I mean, can I ride in a deep puddle with them underwater that no water would get trapped inside it and make way to the bearings?

9 Likes

Yes, they are fully protected from the elements with seals.

12 Likes

The bearing choice is very good, this design is something that esk8 needed in long time due to uneven load disribution that classical design faces, this way gearing preload can be controlled, it should reduce wear and make for overall less of a maintenance ride as well as keep wheels stable. Fantastic job!

Now add driveshafts and rear diff :x

20 Likes

And a sequential transmission, too. :smiley:

16 Likes

Iā€™m swinging between, ā€œthis is an elegant, game-changing engineering marvelā€, and, ā€œthis is an unnecessarily complex and heavyweight solution to a problem Iā€™ve never hadā€.

ā€¦but thankfully itā€™s not often that rational thought gets in the way of my esk8 spend.

25 Likes

For me the only drawback is the decrease of mass in my wallet.

Impressive work!

17 Likes

Thankfully :nerd_face:

1 Like

Awesome innovation! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

just when u thought there wonā€™t be huge major innovation in the wheel parts of an esk8, then boom 3DS swoop in with a Finality wheel hub system :astonished:

8 Likes

One forgotten product from months back is SSS 54114 motor mount adapter for our drives. (This would require running one motor per side only (front & back)

5 Likes

Do they not sell a slightly shorter version of that motor?

1 Like

I think me and Adrius are talking about these currently. I want according to his calculations we should be able to fit 2 56123 motors onto finality and fb320 rear mount :grin:

2 Likes

Yes Iā€™ve seen 5694, but really high kv. The lowest kv Iā€™ve found was 56123 230kv

3 Likes

Technically u can run those motors at lower voltages so you would have similar RPM to like 12S on normal KVā€™s just the current would be larger and would require beefer ESCā€™s

3 Likes

Haha, I think I am going to run them at 14 maaaaaybe 18s lolā€¦I am not sure yet.

1 Like

Or maybe stick to 12s and use vesc based esc that can handle 100 amps and use a heatsink. Not sure yet

1 Like