3DServisas Products Discussions

I run 9ā€ on all 4 :joy::joy::joy:
Iā€™ll be going to 8ā€ soon just for range reasons. I do love me those 9ā€ tires though.

3 Likes

I have no idea my dude. Iā€™ll be sure to mention it to them though!

1 Like

I absolutely will man!

1 Like

Hard to get away from the 9s once you get used to them :stuck_out_tongue: but even changing tiresā€¦ I got a nice bump from going mudplugger to primo alpha. Fat soft wheels really eats into the range

1 Like

100% man. Iā€™m on 9ā€ primo strikers. Probably going to 8ā€ primo Stryker. I absolutely love them though

1 Like

For folks looking for a first impression review. Shameless plug :slight_smile: BIG FOOT HAERO 2.0 <FINALITY + AntInnovation 63100 First Impressoins>

2 Likes

Iā€™m having a decreased range.
I had chain drive, consumption around 17wh/km (13s Spintend 2x63100, 8" roadies).
Now with finality, same setup, 25wh/km.

1 Like

Price to pay to be cool :smiley:

1 Like

Lift your board off the ground, take one of the rear wheels off. Full throttle for 5 minutes. You should feel the hub if it doesnā€™t heat up. The surface should feel cool. If it is heating up, then you need to slightly loosen the main nut. Also another note regarding the grease. If you added the full grease tub to the gear drives you just added a ton of resistance. The grease should only lightly cover the teeth (filled teeth gaps when assembling), no more.

After longer rides having the hubs warms is normal because the drive casing sinks heat and it gets transferred to the hub eventually.

6 Likes

Does grease come with these drives? What kind of grease?

1 Like

Yes, they come with grease. The amount should be enough to grease up the full set of gear drives for at least 3 times or even more. This grease is special, used only in industrial applications and not available to general consumers. It is provided in buckets that weigh 10 kilograms. Sadly the brand is commercial secret. :smiley:

10 Likes

Molybdenum based?

I wonder how white lithium would fair.

1 Like

I would just recommend to stick to what is tested and proven. :smiley:

My autistic curiosity is just too much.

I canā€™t help but wonder if we need heavy grease. It has a very high viscosity, where as something like white lithium is much less. We might even be able to use dry graphite. If the bearings were expensive, I might care more. I just want to see like 17 Wh/km or so, and I think grease, and seal pressure would be major contributors to that. My mind is just racing with possibilities, and I think thatā€™s what diy is all about- the ability to care for, and customize our gear down to the most minute details, is what makes this fun. You have an amazing product, thatā€™s why I bought it.

4 Likes

If you add a minimal amount of grease then you shouldnā€™t worry about anything. Nothing else will give you less resistance really. Correct assembly, correct adjustment is all you need. I aim for my products to be as ready-to-use as possible and hassle-free.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point. And, grease heats up, and becomes much less viscous in operation. I just canā€™t wait for this to come, lol.

1 Like

I will try to make a video about full assembly of gear drives so the amount of grease that needs to be applied is visible.

Fun fact: this grease is functional in the range of -55 to 190 'C.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve clocked approx. 140 miles against my finality drive so far and havenā€™t noticed any significant change in range or efficiency :man_shrugging:
Unfortunately I havenā€™t tested any other gear drives to be able to compare them against but so far very happy with my purchase!

3 Likes

Awesome man. Good to hear it!

2 Likes

double this number and we are still lightyears ahead of other modes of transport, which is incredible. Iā€™d happily take the range hit for a finality. Iā€™ll buy a set as soon as I can afford it.

10 Likes