3DServisas Products Discussions

The gear is locked into place using those 3 bolts and the bearing beneath it. Adding the motor does not shift it in any way. On the other drive I can tilt the wheel gear a little back and forth, on this side the motor gear is pressing against it and I cannot; therefore it is too tight.

6 Likes

I hated fitting the mudpluggers on the finality hubs. The mudpluggers hole for the hub is a little bit to big. The 2mm gap can create a lot of wobble at higher speed. This center ring fix this issue.

8 Likes

i got some gear drives from 3ds and they seem to not free roll much
could someone post a video of how easy it is to turn theirs and how much they free roll

anyone tried boardnamics motors with the 3ds gear drives? Trying to see if the motor shaft’s long enough.

It’s known that they don’t have much free roll due to the v ring they use to seal the drive

1 Like

Do you have adapters for mounting these to 22x22mm profile trucks by any chance?

1 Like

@3DServisas What’s the difference between the hub adapters for xcell and MBS? They have the same bolt pattern no? Want to know if they are interchangeable.

1 Like

22x22 profile adapters are not available. Could always machine one of your own or re-machine existing one.

Xcell adapter is offset towards the inside of the rim, meanwhile MBS adapter goes against the side of the rim. Different designs do not require spacers, results in less hassle with centering.

4 Likes

is the xcell hub pictured the wide version?

2 Likes

The hub in the picture is the standard hub, but the gear drive fits the wide hub without any modifications.

You used to have this, no? Why did you discontinue it?

They also used to sell pulleys.

2 Likes

I guess this has nothing to do with preventing people from using apex airs or luna trucks with your gear drives, right? You notice that no other manufacturer behaves like this, right @3DServisas ?

It’s a good thing that there are better gear drives out there for these amazing trucks anyways.

4 Likes

If better gear drives exist why are you asking for adapters :rofl:

4 Likes

For people that already own the drives like @rusins

@rusins how did you end up with these truck less drives?

False, I was just tempted by the black friday deal to go with gears over belts. And I wanted these specifically because of motor clearance. Nevermind I guess…

2 Likes

I am sure 3Ds is not opposed to making an adapter for any truck. After all they are in the business of making gear drives. If a company wanted to have compatibility with his gear drives and provided a truck, I’m sure there would be an adapter soon.

1 Like

I mean, they did actually say that adaptor is not available and that Rasins could machine it himself if he needs it - seems pretty cut and dry?

2 Likes