3DServisas Products Discussions

Grease is back in stock.

3 Likes

really noob question but how can i test the mesh between the gears?
thanks

Fit your willy inside. If it hurts when you spin it’s too tight, if it doesn’t Ur good.

Or when you become a man take a piece of paper, fold it half, place it in between the gears, gently press the gears together (not too hard). Screw the bolts, and that gives you an above average mesh.

Meshing is important, but at the same time if you are light and don’t ride heavy terrain it doesn’t matter if slightly off. 3ds gears especially are very well designed (proof very few have broken theirs.) I’ve seen more etoxx gears broken than 3ds.

The other way (my way), is to mesh them completely,then slowly demesh until you start hearing a click click noise when you change direction. You want a little play, just not too much. Imo, though others may argue, slightly undermeshed gears are better than over meshed, especially if you weigh on the lighter side and your riding Isn’t hardcore. If you have an MTB and weight 90kg for example then overmesh and undermesh are equally bad I believe

4 Likes

60kg pretty light road riding (fast but not intense)
will try paper

thanks

2 Likes

I’ve been using precision driver bits.

Flat head 1.5 or a hex .7

There’s also a thread on gear meshing here in the citedel

2 Likes

I do full mesh, then back off a little bit, tighten bolts, then while wiggling the pulleys as much as I can to get a best/worst case scenario, check if there’s any place they get stuck / don’t turn as freely. If so, it’s too tight, and I loosen the mesh further. If the play between moving the pulleys is more than 2mm, I assume I’ve gone too loose.

No clue how anyone can jam a paper between gears for this lol

Also

2 Likes

thanks
i did it and they spin really nice
i put the lid on and they span nice
then i removed the lid and added grease they still span perfect
then i tightened the lid and they became quite hard to spin (i attached a wheel and over a couple spins it got a little easier but not super easy)

any idea why
maybe its just the grease?

Could be the motor adding drag, they are heavy after all. Could be some misaslignment issue causing something to drag (like a gear not sitting flush), but I doubt it. Would have to see pictures :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

when motor and gears are attached without the case (just the lid) they spin fine
when i attach the lid (reasonably tightly) they stop spinning smoothly
could be the gear pressing against the back but i doubt it
will give it a check and see

Can you upload a video? Mine usually are a bit harder to turn right after regreasing but after a short ride they’re easier to spin again. Are both sides equally easy/hard to turn?

1 Like

realised the issue was the motor gear rubbing against the lid
i shaved down the top of the motor shaft until it was flat with the gear but now the whole thing gets jammed against the case of the lid when i tighten the screws down
not sure why though as i dont think that should be happening

Maybe when pushing the motor shaft in you might have pressed out the motor gear out of its bearing a little. In that case the gear could rub on the case.

2 Likes

how can i push the gear bearing back in (do i need to dismantle the whole thing?)
its very possible that i did that as the old shaft seemed to be cut way more then the new one

thanks a lot

1 Like

Did you have a hard time pushing the shaft through the gear? I think I messed one up that way. Shaving the shafts somewhat with a dremel helps to ease insertion beacuse of the tight tolerances.

If the bearing isnt busted it might be fixable with a vice. But yeah, best would probably be to dissasemble before you try that.

Just to eliminate other problems before you go through the hassle, have you measured that both gears stick out equally from the baseplate to confirm this is the issue?

1 Like

i confirmed this was the issue and fixed it
bearing seems ok(ish)
issue is while removing one of the bolts attaching the base to the motor snapped (one of the 3 bolts) and wouldnt come out of its piece so im gonna need a new motor plate or a fix

1 Like

Is the connections water proff on this picture

1 Like

MR60 Aren’t waterproof by nature but there’s never been a problem with these on this board and they have done a lot of miles in a lot of different conditions.

1 Like

@Kug3lis @3DServisas
Can you guys make some of these again :pray:

I really need a set of 48t kegel for my new 6x2ish wheels

7 Likes

I asked recently as well. No dice :unamused:

5 Likes

If they aren’t worth the time to make, then they should raise the price a little bit, THEN make some more.

1 Like