3DServisas Products Discussions

k bit confused

so am i trying to pull the puller itself or the metal piece underneath

Look at it as trying to push the motor out of the pinion, not pulling the pinion off.

1 Like

ah ok so i dont wanna grip on the pinion i wanna grip the sides of the aluminium thing?

Yeah, you’re getting there

awesome
thanks

got it off and inot the motor

not directly related to 3ds stuff but anyone know now how i take a bioboards motor apart (thing is super sealed)
could be it needs to be completely replaced but not 100% certain

6 Likes

I did an assembly guide that can also be used to guess how to disassemble, but it’s not for those motors with a rotor skirt bearing like you have there.

5 Likes

A crude technique that worked for me was to screw a bolt into one of the mounting holes you’ve exposed there beneath the faceplate, grab onto it with some mole grips and then pull it and the can apart sharply.

Once you’ve done that, pull that outer bearing off, throw it in the fire and replace it with something that won’t seize up when it encounters moisture.

4 Likes

cheers man will try to

1 Like

I noticed a odd sound while out riding so went home and pulled one drive appart and noticed this.

The marks are identical and are on all the teeth. I can’t find anything that would cause it while digging around in the grease.
Need to clean the drive 100% before I can assess if I can use it or I should get new gears. Kinda sucks as I don’t even have 20km on it :confused:

@3DServisas what can I use to get of the grease without weakening the plastic? I usually use “small parts cleaner” or CRC quickleen but not to sure about using them on plastic.

4 Likes

This doesn’t look like any damage really, just wear caused by some particles maybe. What sort is the odd sound?

Also regular industrial paper towel is enough to clean it up.

jupp looks like something got in the drive. There are small shavings missing just like you carved out a little piece.
Hard to explain the sound but it’s like there is something in one teeth so you hear it one time every rotation of the wheel (so the noise is in the big gear). All covered in grease so cant really inspect the gear good enough.

EDIT: to answer myself the small parts cleaner detergent should be safe on POM after checking out what it contains.

Check if maybe you got something stuck in your big gear. The small wear scars will have no impact on overall function. Neither the sound.

This is not POM. Just FYI. :smiley:

Should also be safe on oil filled Nylon but I agree a paper towel is sufficient.

1 Like

Personally have no idea what the material is, it’s hard and oily though… All I know that I am bashing all three sets of gear drives I have and never seen any signs of wear. Just maybe the same small scars from getting dirt inside, though, changes nothing.

Break cleaner FTW :smiley:

Or if your really carefull, just use dish soap

1 Like

Wouldn’t brake cleaner melt the plastic?

Some plastics sure, I cleaned my yellow gears like 10 times with gasoline, nitro, and break cleaner, and they are still pushing me around, these seem like chemically resistant. Not ideal for sure, but gets the work done fast.

4 Likes

I guess it’s all a material science thing, I’m not super familiar with which solvents affect which types of plastic

Neither do I, but I know that epoxy melts down the plastic drinking cups I use to mix it lol

2 Likes

hahaha yaaa the one I know is that acetone can be put into most hitchen tupperwear as an intermediary holder.

1 Like