3d printing requests,

I thought that was part of the design :joy:

1 Like

Underextruding for some reason.

Could be extruder skipping, temp too low, slight clog in the system, or other.

3 Likes

Yep plastic is just not coming out lol. There are quite a few possible issues. Justin laid out the main ones. Honestly, Probably a clog.

What settings and what material are you printing.

PLA…plus if that matters at all. I forget the temps, but hot enough to not have issues with printing until THIS print, maybe 230 at the nozzle? Nozzle is new as the last one was clogged up. There was skipping from the feeder, I loosen the bearing bolt and that seem to stop the skipping.

I’d do a cold pull and see if the filament pulls out some gunk. Then I’d check to make sure the ptfe tube and nozzle are all sitting tight in the hotend. What speed were you printing at?

I think it was default setting on Cura. 50mm/s?

Yeah that’s nothing problematic. What brand filament? I’ve had one no name brand clog up on me before and the filament diameter was all over the place.

Inland brand from MicroCenter. This is a new spool but I’ve used this stuff for a while and never had problems with diameter from what I can tell.

Where shall I go for new nozzles? any other place other than Amazon that would be better?

Yeah inland/esun has never given me a problem and is my go to brand. If it was binding at that speed, something is clogging it.

2 Likes

I’ll take pull it out and take a look tonight. bummer

1 Like

Looks like the filament feeder is grinding and skipping I see little bits of the plastic dust in the area and wasn’t able to feed filament in. Does this part fail frequently?

Yeah, in particular the ones that are a gear and bearing pulley:

VS 2 gears driving the filament:

I keep a can of compressed air next to my printers because they’ll accumulate dust from micro skips over time.

2 Likes

Looking for someone that could print this

and

thanks
2 Likes

Possibly the thingilegend himself? :joy:
@mmaner

1 Like

Wish I could help. I’m currently fighting a stalemate with my printer.

3 Likes

No worries. Hopefully someone else can help me out

1 Like

I’ve got you covered my dude. Any specific color?

@mmaner sent me some of these for free long ago so I feel it is only right to pay it forward.

5 Likes

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Preferably black, thanks again

1 Like

Pm me your name and address and I’ll try and get them out tomorrow

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll get that to you in a sec