3d printing requests,

I got solid bed adhesion, but the wings are warping off the supports. And when a print completes and it doesn’t warp off the supports, it ends up looking wavy but I want it to be flat

Ah so ambient temps not keeping up… You’ll be needing a enclosure. I’d suggest having a look a enclosure for growing “plants”

1 Like

I was afraid that was gonna be the case. Yea I wanna avoid enclosures because I don’t have room :rofl:

1 Like

Have you tried a heat gun and blasting with low heat while pushing on it a bit with a flat piece of wood?

1 Like

Shit that’s genius. I wish I knew that before I trashed it lol. Can I apply a hair dryer pointed at the print while it’s printing? To simulate enclosure?

1 Like

I can see that :rofl:
But that’s why I suggested to look at plant enclosures. Some are foldable and you only really need it like 15% of the time

1 Like

I imagine that could cause a misalignment of the print

1 Like

I’m gonna see if PLA will suffice for the pads, but if not, I’ll try the plant enclosure for ABS

1 Like

Why does your filament have to do so much travel just to get to the hotend? :rofl:

1 Like

I had to mount it up top because I legit do not have room on the table :frowning: and the CR-10s pro is tall af. Idk why I got it

1 Like

Definitely use PETG for the concave pads, PLA is more eager to snap.

I have tested concave pads for the past few months and now use a combination of PETG and TPU for the sabre blades, works great.

3 Likes

Yeah I find it interesting that it flexes more before snapping (because lower density) but the impact strength is actually higher than petg. Definitely not a part you want flexing!

2 Likes

You know you can use a trash bag and it will work just fine :smirk: just it is ugly looking but traps heat good and stops any unwanted air flow.

And it’s easy to remove between prints so yea!

2 Likes

You can also just keep 4 printers running all the time and it makes the whole room an enclosure…

4 Likes

cardboard is also a good poor mans enclosure.

3 Likes

Gonna need more than 4 printers depending on the size of the room :laughing:
Plus imagine if they start plotting together against you… come back one day later and T-800 will be asking for your jacket, your pants and your motorbike…

3 Likes

I need someone’s help getting a part designed.

I’ve got these og shredlights, the battery’s don’t hold a charge so they’ve been wired up so I can run them off my battery.

I’d like to put them on myour mtb/carver mut thing.
But I couldn’t find any designs for shred lights to fit on this style deck.
I’d like them to rest about here

Basically directly above the hanger, high enough to clear motors front and back.

Maybe I should put a bolt here rather than a grub and attach said lights there?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions all welcome, thanks

I got you covered. I have a file for a handle for the matrix 2s and a file for shredlights so I should be able to whip it up pretty easily and throw it in with your remote.

This style right?

Also do those mounts cover up the brake holes on the hangers?

1 Like

They do cover that hole…