3D Printing Discussions, Questions and Debugging

I always had access to a printer at work when I was going through the tinkering phase.

2 Likes

I had some fun time printing a replacement extruder setup for my only printer lol. Had to make SURE it would work first try, or that I was able to go back to the original.

1 Like

You can M906 T0 E650 or lower the current. Hoping you’re not that high already.

I’m using Marlin 2.0 so it might be different. They pushed son PR’s to fix some issues with these pancake motors a little bit back and mine has been running with no modifications at all now.

I think I just got too weak of steppers for my needs. I had to crank the current to get any sort of decent torque to print and I’m scared to set them any higher without better cooling.

I got a slightly larger stepper motor with much better stats.

Old was 20mm and 13 Ncm torque
New is 26mm and 18 Ncm torque.

Any idea what yours are?

Looks like I have your old ones…

1 Like

I did end up buying this printer for $163. It also has dual lead screw so that’s awesome.

I am probably going to toss the board and the extruder out and replace it with the new mosquito clone hotend+BGM+Agnius’s quick disconnect ribbon cable setup that I am working on. So it will be a good platform to test it out.

3 Likes

quick noob question. are there any resins (ie in a resin printer) that can work for producing esk8 parts?

My BL touch came with this. I presume it’s for older creality machines without bootloaders?

Deja Vu when I opened the box. Where else in my life have I had to fuck with bootloaders till 3am (st link :unamused:)

If we weren’t locked down, I’d try to hand it off in person.

1 Like

Gahh I’ve added it to my cart 4 times now :see_no_evil:

Looks like a large sandbox to try new setups on.

2 Likes

juuust ordered a sidewinder x1 in the black friday salez. It’s going to be a steep learning curve having not printed anything before, but i’d like to at some point try printing some hubs in petg, nylon or even nylon carbon fiber (as someone on reddit suggested i do). just want to find out what mods i’d need to do so it can handle higher temps…any tips/suggestions? so far i gather an enclosure for the filament (stop the stuff being exposed to dampness), some metal nozzles to manage higher temps (?is that right) and a heatbreaker - though ive no idea the sizes of these things that i’d need to order…

1 Like

Don’t think about upgrades until you have 3 to 4 months of printing under the belt.

6 Likes

any suggestion on what some good starter filament would be to practice?

If you want some good quality I can suggest Colorfabbs pla/pha line. Never had an issue with it.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Have you printed any esk8 parts with it?

I get whatever’s cheapest. For engineering grade I print in Alloy 910. PETG can also work well, but I am not a big fan of how it prints.

1 Like

Enclosures + 66t and 72t pulleys for pneumatics

1 Like

that’s great. The sort of things I’ll want to print.

I’ll take a look :+1:

Just bought a cr10s pro v2 and a Titan aero with Capricorn tubing

What other upgrades are recommended as I only want to upgrade once

Also what firmware do people recommend

Thanks

Ask us about upgrades only after you have spent some time getting used to it first. Just buying upgrades won’t do you any good.

2 Likes