(3D printed sleeves) **Off-road tires** (for hummie hubs)?

Has anybody from this forum made experiences with 3d printed tires and or
has another method to make hubs like the ones from Hummie capable to go off-road?

For the design: Which off-road tire should I base the pattern and diameter on that is reliable? Psychotillers, Bergmeister etc.? I will have to reduce the diameter I guess but I have no idea where the sweet spot is for those hubs…

I have watched something like this:

Only sleeves on top of the hummie sleeves wont work, you need to make a strong bond.

Can people stop with the AT madness with hubs xD Portable eggcookers.

5 Likes

Going belt drive in Germany is like asking for your board to get confiscated…

1 Like

I feel ya, I just wanted to steal some attention and say that AT and hubs spells disaster. I realised now your prob didn’t mean huge wheels, which is another thing entierly.

What do you feel is missing that say the normal hummies dont give you?

I can go to the road I want to be able to drive on with those tires and show you later it is not really offroad more like an offroad gravel path…
a little worse than this one

Are the police hiding in the bushes? :smiley: That looks full pneumie to me

Hmmm, I recently went 4WD directdrive with pneumatics, now I can happily go on roads like these, everything else was always painful. My (semi) AT wheels were great for regular roads with an occasional stone but no fun on a real gravel path.

1 Like

you convinced me that it is not the best idea… I will just take my mountainbike there and take the longer route with my esk8… until they are legal in hopefully less than 5 years then I will switch to belt…

Do you have pictures?

Hey, experimeting is the best learning experience. If you want to give it a shot then try it :slight_smile:

Maybe some of the geardrives avaible can give you some stealth? The herringbone drive is pretty small! and silent, support bergs as well which I think would fill your purpose

jo, in the thread I linked :wink:

The 100mm mbs ones right?
I thought you tried a larger diameter.
But I guess around 100-120 is the maximum

yap, the mbs at wheels. Hummies might be able to drive something like cloudwheels, but as @linsus said hubs will get significantly hotter. They are thermoisolated even more and need more power to turn the wheel. I have two boards now I regularly use, one deck with the hummies for asphalt rides, as you know they are incredibly smooth on that, and the 4wd dd on bergmeisters for rougher terrain.