3d printed boards

And Brent B is an actual customer an that’s his actual review my ego isn’t that big yet that i need to self inflate.

4 Likes

you mean, kaly and lacroix?

2 Likes

yes those are better comparisons thanks. I think trampa,kaly,lacroix are amazing product they’r just out of reach for a lot of people that’s why i wanted to give people an option for a decent priced board.

1 Like

I would love to see some pictures of your boards to get a better idea of the components i should be using. For battery boxes ect

1 Like

It may look better but a top mounted Tupperware is more appropriate in a MTB.
I had not seen your boards until now and from a quick look they don’t look so bad for the price but the description is way over the top.

Thank you i appreciate that im just got the site up a few days ago and yes it really needs work that not my strong suit. I’m just saying i can’t sell board with a plastic box on top so some of the bashing from a few member was over the top.

1 Like

I never said you should sell a board with a Tupperware box on the top.
You could make a top mounted version board with an appropriate box though.

2 Likes

Then custom make enclosures and put them on top.

You’re absolutely right!

6 Likes

To make it clear, I am not suggesting to ditch the under deck enclosures altogether.
MTB = top mounted
Street & light off road = bottom mounted

3 Likes

Sorry I started this discussion as they look to be decent boards and I did notice after videos started to get posted on YouTube within a day . Seems to be a decent entry level EMTB

1 Like

This is Brent B’s board! yes he is a real person and its not me hes also a good friend who bought one of my first production boards and that’s why the review is so great! I will see if i can get him in here for you all so he can answer questions from a consumers point of view.

Don’t apologise. It was free publicity mixed with some constructive criticism (even if offered a little aggressively at some point)

[SeaNelson] No problem man your are just inquiring about a new product i appreciate you taking a look and sharing it with the world. Even negative posts give me good feedback im new to the business side of this so ill take any help i can get thank you. Ive been building boards locally in texas for a few years for friends ect and after a while a few of them started pushing me to get a business going so here i am.

6 Likes

you can do @username here

also, is your name actually Steve Rogers?

yes Lol i know captain america i get that alot.
Sure captain america it is LOL
I just joined so it won’t let me comment anymore for 20hrs so i guess i’ll see you guys later thanks for all the input.

PS: @BillGordon it still says 20hrs till i can reply even to your PM

@mmaner can we just give @MomentumBoards a nickname “captain america”

4 Likes

Dude, I applaud you for having the stones to come in here, but your “let’s see what you guys have done if you know so much” approach is tone deaf and dumb from a marketing standpoint. We have some of the very best builders in esk8 here, and they don’t have to prove anything to you.

So suggest a re-calibration in your attitude and apart from that, welcome to esk8.news forums. (I bumped your account a level so you can post and reply.)

7 Likes

I can not urge you enough to not use ATS 12 trucks. They are beginner kite boarding trucks and not suitable for our application in my, unfortunately, experienced opinion. I wouldn’t use any cast iron trucks for that matter.

I would like to know more about this half inch bullet proof glass. Is it laminated polycarb, glass polycarb, acrylic? Why use this instead of metal? It will certainly be worse/weaker to tap and will add an additional issue of adhesion between dissimilar materials.

This is my current mountain board. Soon to be upgraded away from aforementioned trucks. It will be using a metal gear drive with metal truck clamps.

I like your bottom enclosures a lot. Are they 3d printed, fiberglass, abs, or other? The top rear one is 3d printed clearly, what material?

1 Like

Nice Board man and thanks for the info on the trucks, yes your correct they are cast aluminum i only used them to keep cost down for consumers but now that ive seen its a safety issue i will update them to something better. all of the enclosures are Talman nylon alloy that is dyed and is a very durable material similar to abs but more abrasion resistant. I do plan on making the truck clamps out of billet aluminum but for now this is the strongest/easiest material for me to manufacture myself eventually i will upgrade the enclosures as well to injection molded pieces. Could you recommend a better truck choice @Venom121212 , Metal Matrix 2

.!

7 Likes