3D printables for esk8

No pressure or anything :joy: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

3 hours and we’ll see if @riako is sabotaging my plans or not :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

@Venom121212 this would be sick in alu or something.

2 Likes

Agreed. If only I knew a guy…

2 Likes

It work here on v1 and v2 Matrix 2 so :crossed_fingers: hahah
(you didn’t test the profile before :sweat_smile: ?)

1 Like

A testament to my trust in you :smile:

1 Like

Fits like a dream! No wobble at all. I stupidly forgot to measure how long the M8 bolts were but that’s easy to do. I’ll include that in the thingiverse link.

22 Likes

It can support the whole weight of the board??

1 Like

I’m now stalking your thingi

4 Likes

Lets go find out. I’m going to confidently claim yes before checking. Brb

2 Likes

21 Likes

Most impressive! What material did you use and how heavy is the board?

Pla+ and the board is 30 lbs exactly

2 Likes

Been working on some ABEC push fit adapters with bearing support and bolt on, swappable pulleys.

Tried the priline CF polycarbonate and had terrible results. The CF did what I thought it would, it reduced the plastic to plastic contact area and reduced the layer adhesion. This filament is pretty and prints well, but layer adhesion is shit.
Printed at 278* C at 40mm/s. Also tried annealing in the over at 135*C for 2 hours after having several fail. And I mean fail with my hands. Even after the time in the oven and a 15% overall shrinkage, the abec hub tabs snapped right off

Don’t spend the money on the priline CF PC
ABS so far seems much stronger. Haven’t tested yet. Will eventually try nylon

The pulley seems totally fine.

I’ll provide files soon. Anyone see any design changes they’d make? I’ve thought about running the bolts from the pulley right through the posts to support them better. But it takes away surface area of layer adhesion for the posts on the abec hub

6 Likes

Maybe you can run thin metal rods through the tabs and test that version compared to a normal version to see if it works :thinking:

Is the pulley held onto the wheel axially by the support bearing? Bkb pulley are surprisingly held on just by friction on the prongs. It seems to kind of work but skeeves me out.

Yea the abs looks like it has potential already. Thought about some 3mm pins. Not sure that’s much better than using the bolts but I’ll play with it

Printed solid, the weight of the hub and pulley with hardware and bearing was around 75g. The bolt on dickyho 36T pulleys are 150g ea I think.

1 Like

I think 1.5mm or 2mm rods would potentially work aswell.

I may put them in the corners of the posts so that they’re making direct contact with the hub of the wheel. But there’s so little plastic on each post already you get close to just having a pin quickly with only a few mm of layer adhesion surface area for the in between

A pin regardless is a nice safety as it would catch the wheel if the plastic tab disintegrated. The only part I’m not fond of is losing brakes if they totally fail

2 Likes

hmm good point, its hard because there is not a lot of room to work with.

1 Like