but fr tho

whoever designed the trampa baseplates, whats up with all the weird distances

1 Like

juuuust dublin it in case you missed the edit
boop

Thank you both

A Chinese guy if I had to guess

1 Like

Does anyone have a 3d model of a RE44? specifically, I need the curvature of the bottom to be reasonably accurate.

1 Like

@Arzamenable

1 Like

@Cyanoacrylate id have to hunt for the accurate file. I have a cartoonish mock-up I printed a finger board from.

Ill look.

1 Like

I apricate it, thank you.

Alternatively, does anyone have a preferred method of measuring curves like this for cad translation? I was thinking of essentially getting a whole bunch of 2d cross sections via some convoluted tracing method which I could then use to approximate the profile with a loft or whatever.

2 Likes

I believe you are describing a contour gauge

A good top down photo imported and referenced with some good tip to tip measuring should get you pretty damn close to an accurate shape.

8 Likes

yup I am. I’m just trying to be cheap about it, but yeah basically my thought process was working backwards from one of those guys.

yeah, 2d profile isnt too difficult, i already have that for the most part. Im just tryna figure out how to do the curvature of the bottom so i can make a spacer for my enclosure. I think my cardboard contour measurer should work (or if worst comes to worst ill just buy a real one), but ill see how it goes this weekend.

1 Like

actually, I looked it up and these things only cost like $15 so im just gonna go ahead and get one. For some reason i assumed they would be like 2-3x that

2 Likes

For bottom curvature, I’d model it as a surface rather than a solid. If you haven’t played around with surfacing, you can just make sweep cuts using 2d sketch profiles of the contours you can snap pics of. Gets tricky if the deck has curvature in the middle that doesn’t photo well like double drops and wheel flares.

1 Like

I’ve had good luck making shapes like this using surface lofting in the past (solidworks). I find its much easier to get more organic looking shapes, especially since most decks dont have constant profiles in most places.

1 Like

Does someone have a profile drawing of a caliber hanger? TIA.

1 Like

grabcad library

Isn’t there an official profile drawing posted somewhere with the radius/curvature noted?

1 Like

Hi, I am looking for a Indy hanger 3d file to open in Solid works

3 Likes