🛹 3D design and stuff

Fair point, maybe off centered rims so the DD sits in the shadow of the wheel? It should work for duallies if you can put a support bearing on the inner side

1 Like

I have an idea of an off-centered DD with a little rubber belt to link it to the wheel… wait…what? :thinking:

5 Likes

I think an issue with this kind of supension design is that it changes the truck angle while compressing/extending.
I’m not sure how big an issue it is but it could make the whole board a bit less predictable i guess ?
Would that be possible to make a suspension design that does not rely on a rotation, a bit more like what we have in cars and bikes (at least the front wheel) ?

2 Likes

Yeah someone noticed this too, this would need testing. May not be such a big deal, dunno
I’ll think about other alternatives

If you really want to get futuristic.
What if that sping that supports the truck angle was actually a hydraulic arm.
You could intentionally change the angle based on the speed the Rider was going to increases stability at top speed.

7 Likes

Now that sounds extremely cool Mr Skunk :ok_hand:

1 Like

Get out of my head. Lol

3 Likes

What would be cool additionally is if as you went faster the foot plates would let you change stance.
the duck foot thing works good for slow off-road speeds but when I go faster I want more of a t stance.

T stance?
Would it be: at high speed the brackets angle is very low and foot plates are perpendicular to the deck?

T stance is probably the wrong wording.
Both feet facing more forward is all.

Yes rocks smashing into the motors would definitely happen at some point, I often hit some rocks hard with the bottom of my belt drive mount, that impact would definitely break magnets on a direct drive. You would need some kind of shield for the motors. @DavidF

2 Likes

seen this?

7 Likes

This, so deep dish wheels, but the dish is on the inside, so the tyre effectively protects the motor.

2 Likes

looks good!

1 Like

New one, made for high speed: The MANTIS

16 Likes

Can I see the underside?

3 Likes

I love the look and details !
And those Xthing hook style :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Nothing really interesting down there :yum:

3 Likes