đŸ›č 3D design and stuff

Curious about that, could a geared pivot help in making a leaning board with turning wheels while killing wobble?

Like a car direction column but for skateboard.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mean actual toothed gears but yes by adjusting the geometry you can change most of the turning characteristics.

Oh you do mean a gearbox lol

@starky_boi I would bet the lean board was some inspiration to him.

1 Like

Yes like really a toothed pivot or column, basically something which would not kill the lean we love but bring snap carving and maximize grip.

1 Like

Wait are you talking about Ackerman steering?
Where the inside wheel steers greater than the outside one to accomplish tight cornering.

That would require some significant effort but it’s possible I guess.

No I was wrong that’s not what you were talking about

You are giving me a funny idea of like an oval shaped gearbox that has variable turning amounts from level to full carve. Could be disastrous at speed maybe

2 Likes

That’s actually a new concept for me! I knew about pinch of wheels for reactive changes (open) or steady straight (negative) but didn’t think it would in fact affect the corner itself

1 Like

It wad indeed :wink:

1 Like

Somehow, I quickly envisioned this after your ideas and mines lol

1 Like

Here is what I got with “my” trucks geometry
The wheels are somehow moving right but they stay straight
Any MIT engineer wanna help? :stuck_out_tongue:
I know I could try to replicate the LEAN BOARDs trucks but Maybe there’s an easy solution to my problem

E-Skate01_preview-A E-Skate01_preview1

11 Likes

New design, inspired by the @RipTideSports thread about “channel trucks brackets”

https://forum.esk8.news/t/riptide-sports-brackets-designed-to-adapt-channel-trucks-mbs-trampa-lacroix-hyper-kaly-to-various-longboards/

Cheers,
D.

10 Likes

4wd hub motor channel trucks :thinking:

Is that a hinge?
:rofl:

2 Likes

Yep, but a super-strong one of course :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I LIKE THAT @DavidF, can you post on the bracket thread to stimulate other ideas of where this can go? !!!

3 Likes

PM’d you

New Ones (in case any body care :stuck_out_tongue: ), with famous-blue-wheels inside!

14 Likes

I know the upper spring is suppose to be a strut/tensioner but I can also see this as suspension too now

4 Likes

It was indeed introduced as a tensioner and suspension!
It may be a little small for this use though

3 Likes

Hey I love your new version! Glad to see it receives better input than in the French forum too :fire:

Do you think you can make a version adapted to regular decks? Top mount and drop through for example with customizable angle baseplate.

I imagine a Jet type deck with this under. Silver surfer vibes right there.

1 Like

Sure I shouldn’t be too complicate
Let me try with my 3d scanned switchblade :wink:

3 Likes

40"?

2 Likes