38" Custom Illuminati G-Bomb Build

My board is going to be push to start, so no switches at all :joy:

Alright, have the day off due to Perth getting UK version of covid-19 and prob the rest of the week…

So I used the free time to solder on the charging port. Flat negative is super easy cos it is flat peice of metal but the postive is a pain in the ass.

Went with the smaller charging port as below, two flat metals, so much easier.

Done soldering the neg and pos

The size was actually a bit bigger than the silver charging port but managed to force it through the hole :sweat_smile:

All done now, adhesive cover at base of BMS had been removed and pressed into it’s place

Going to silicone the chager port wire area and heat shrink phase wire with grommet after putting silicone on it as well.

2 Likes

Ok, had the new 40t HTD5 pulley for CloudWheel Discovery with seat for bearing designed for OD 42mm and 9mm thickness, still might not be quite right, will not know till I have it made.

Od for bearing is 42.15mm which should be a tight enough fit.

Link to it for any who is interested in trying it out at your own risk.

Will have just one made in the next few weeks and if it is all good, will have the second one made.

4 Likes

Interesting motor placement. Non traditional application. Deck looks nice, bro.

2 Likes

Finally got my MetrPro with antennia in the mail, goddamn, 4 months lol.

Ok final jst-ph 2.0 wiring set up. I noticed trampa reciever dongle has SWD on it so I connected those to the VESC SWD as well lol.

Surely recievers and antennia near phase wire won’t be an issue, right?

Pulley is currently being fabiricated, should get it by the end of next week, hope it fits in right on the first go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I tried to put in the charger fuse, gave off a spark, so there were a short somewhere. Will have to rip the charger port off and re-do it again with a new one…

1 Like

Got the pulley, outside diameter was a little too big, also the gap between spokes were not wide enough. That is what prototyping is for so all good.

Bearing seat is absolutely perfect!

2 Likes