38" Custom Illuminati G-Bomb Build

Are you sure this will be perfectly concentric to the axle?

1 Like

Super nice build…

1 Like

Yes I’m sure it will. It is all CNC machined. I will edit the step file of the single hanger-mount and make a round section.

Not seeing why you might think being perfectly concentric would be an issue.

Just wondering, what were you trying to say in the second post?

Power outage at apartment building will continue till tomorrow morning :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Upon closer examination, the inline fuses will not fit in, so will have to make do without it. Enclosure outer edge dimensions still won’t need to be changed, just the depth at the rear for moving the VESC MKII’s further back to free up a bit more space.

Nevertheless all good! :grin:

I keep changing my mind about whatever I can fit the inline fuses in there :sweat_smile:

This config might fit in, maybe?? :joy:

Wait, fuses between the battery and ESCs? Please don’t, a fuse blowing up will mean no power for acceleration, or braking. And braking in such a situation will fry your ESC.

Only the charge port and non vital accessories such as lights should be fused IMO.

6 Likes

Exactly this. Also this

3 Likes

People sometimes solder wires directly to a blade fuse, when space is an issue. There are inline versions that do not have the chunky replacement holder, but if your fuse blows I doubt it’ll be a roadside repair. I would want to do a root cause teardown anyway

Ah, good to know, thanks for telling me.

Yes I do have a smaller inine fuse holder for 7 amps.

I just vaguely remember another thread here or back in builders saying should put in fuse between the battery and escs so if there is a short, it will blow out :man_shrugging: At least what you said is making sense to me and less work for me!

1 Like

Given you are into heavy DIY and have those old cloud wheels, I’m wondering what you think about battle hardening them with a printed insert and epoxy?

2 Likes

Edit: I think I featured it, still receive power from spinning motors so still getting remote command.

I will sell these OG cloud wheels on EBay.

Will sell the red ones later on as “used”

Not comfortable putting it up for sale here due to shit hub spokes.

so you hope to prey upon someone who doesn’t know? why not take me an @Movation’s idea where they could actually be safely used?

3 Likes

Gone out shopping, will read that link when I get back.

1 Like

Great minds…

2 Likes

Since I bought this dual XT-90 plug that was done back to front, I had to change the XT-90 plugs on the VESC MKII so it goes in.

Fits in fine :+1:

Tinned the charger port inline fuse.

2 Likes

Hmmm, black OG cloudwheels has the same thane appearance as my discovery.

Will keep that set and use it for front wheels after I fill the gaps in the spoke with resin.

2 Likes

what do you think about the 3d printed insert? I feel like it would have a higher strength and require less resin. My idea is that the printed insert would attach to the @Boardnamics pulleys as well as printed copies of them.

2 Likes

I think if we knew the dimensions to copy of those cores and press that in it would save a lot of strain compared to a pin pressed against the spoke.

3 Likes

yeah I had the idea because they use the “legit” ABEC core so I figure it has been perfectly modeled already and I could just download a flywheel push fit pulley model glue that sumbitch in there and call it a day. Not that the clone core hasn’t been accurately modeled as well but you get the idea.

@Brad sorry about mucking around in your build thread

3 Likes

Not a problem Fosterqc.

Spokes in OG Cloudwheel is not legit ABEC, it is actually thinner than genuine abecs, I had to put heat shrinks on my perfect sized ABEC pulley spokes to fit it into the OG Cloudwheels.

Yeah putting in printed inserts would save a lot of resins being used.

The inserts would ideally be ribbed along the sides, so the resin can hold onto it more firmly.

I think I will just put that on the back burner for now.

2 Likes