3-Link Truck Designs

Any updates on this design @Qwiksand

You might be right. The thing to consider is if we want to go really low with no truck adjustment we need a big drop deck, especially on pneumatics. That might not be what we want in our deck. I personally love drop decks but the drop can get to big.

3 Likes

Iā€™m running my 3 link trucks on the Landyachtz Evo and the drop is really nice. I do run into the issue of hitting my enclosure in deep turns, but itā€™s minimal. I just need to adjust my motor mounts a little lower.

1 Like

How are you dealing with the Evoā€™s wedge and de-wedge, did you mount the 3-Links flat using angle blocks?

2 Likes

I probably should have, but Iā€™m currently running the truck baseplates flat on the deck. So i guess itā€™s set to the standard evo angles

1 Like

Can you post some pictures?

10 Likes

ahhh. now it makes so much sense why my front trucks have a wider turn angle. Maybe I can add a 10deg wedge in the rear

4 Likes

In my testing based on my pack and enclosure, Iā€™m looking at about 1 1/4"-1-1/2" drop deckā€¦ I know @MoeStooge runs more, but we all have different board/pack/enclosure/ride height, rider preferences and differancesā€¦

2 Likes

Ive been on this list, at least I asked awhile back.
Still waitingā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same

I started ordering bits and pieces to see if I can make my own since they are so hard to come buy.

Going to test the geometry with 3d printed parts before I commit anything to metal.

2 Likes

Shouldnā€™t be much longer, last I heard he was shooting for early October/end of Septemberā€¦ Then they should be in stock and on a websitešŸ˜®

5 Likes

Well, I hope I get a DM for a chance to snag them before they sell out.
@MoeStooge :wink:

3 Likes

They should be machined now, and it seems like heā€™s getting a gooooood amount made :grin: I canā€™t remember but I believe he is going to go through his list and you get first dibs.

4 Likes

Thank god I discovered that list a couple months ago!

3 Likes

Quick update.

I had a release date set for early October for the new 3-link. Truck production has been pushed fwd to late October. Cnc work is mostly finished. Will keep ya all posted when the remaining few parts are ready.

New truck is a complete baseplate to motor plate redesign.

The redesign features; CNC 6160 AL baseplate, 14" chromoly case hardened cnc axel, cnc radius rod plate, chromo jackscrew style radius rods, pick-up point hardware, bushings and adj hardware changes, thick moly Motor plate redesign with independent clocking adjustment.

There are over 55 individual fixed and moving parts that are integral in making a single truck.

I am really pleased with itā€™s performance and aesthetics.

I closed the inquiry list in July. Those 23 will be contacted as trucks become assembled and available. The remainder of this run will be on the website first come first served. The forum is where it all began so the website announcement date/time will happen here. Stay tuned.

35 Likes

Ahhh shiet. I might have to pick up another set of trucks. Thanks for the wonderful design @MoeStooge

4 Likes

Any hints on your price point?

2 Likes

Soon as the axels come back from machine Iā€™ll have price nailed down in the E-truck.

10 Likes