3-Link Truck Designs

https://www.youtube.com/user/chrischaput/videos

1 Like

I dunno ive seen some super crude channel trucks out there

Look at these ride flame ones for example

6 Likes

Hahahahaha, found one of the designs we did back in the Silverfish days on Wackyboards:

by riptide

The Ackerman!

16 Likes

If we are linking random stuff now look at this

Didnt someone here want to adjust angles on fly/automatically?

The name didnt age well…

17 Likes

interesting Brad!

any idea when this was posted?
you might even call this a 3-link truck…
albeit highly crude compared with @MoeStooge’s concepts

9 Likes

http://dynamiclabsllc.com/

I haven’t seen this before

1 Like

9 Likes

I did, thats super dope. I wonder if anybody makes those

2 Likes

Not really a 3 link at all, the axle travel is locked in place by the bushing seat and pivot cup, so the only thing the linkages can do is tilt the wheels. And that’s supposed to be an ackerman design.

If you were to remove the pivot cup and give it a solid axle without the hinges, I think it would function like a 3 link.

1 Like

I can argue the fact if you care… But I don’t care to… I’m after “instances of prior art” of 3 link trucks… Since you have a greater grasp of the realm, do you know of any 3-link skateboard trucks pre-SRB? 2016ish, or would you consider @MoeStooge to be the “inventor” of the three-link truck?

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing any tucks similar to what the 3 link does until I found MoeStooges thread, and it blew me away. And I’ve been keeping up with every unusual truck I can find since 2008.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some obscure mechanism outside of skateboarding that functions the same. But within skating, its probably the first that’s published.

7 Likes

moment of silence for that place…

okay back to the topic.

:sob:

8 Likes

Similar to the Strokervintage-stroker-skateboard-trucks_1_89f5f97e1a8fcaf34fc0071f60984011

5 Likes

I do not think I could ride anything called a Ball Rider…Ow my balls

11 Likes

I would say the 3-link design’s father is @MoeStooge but I first called them “NKP’s”

8 Likes

Glad I caught this. Nov-Dec 2016 was my first build. MAY 17’ is correct.

Front was ran without bushings.
This was the V1 raceboard I went 45mph at SPD1 parts of this board are still in the V2 I currently ride. https://youtu.be/9WeG6JQzOMc

Ran Adj RKP junk before that.

54mph on the Dry lake bed with Rubber Bushings. The V2 was stretched to 42" wheel base and 11" wide deck. Dude holding the radar gun is dead. Wear your helmet.

RIPTIDE bushings worked with me to develop the current bushing setup. Custom fabricated urethane and Brad’s knowledge pulled it all together. That was 2018. Nkp was coined by Brad.
Brad has been a good friend to me opening the doors to the DH community and instigating good times. Tepe was the first run with Riptide Bushings on-board.

World record board NKP 3link Front Drive long rod. Single day of testing went well Max Capps made a few passes getting acclimated his last pass was on depleted batteries making 63mph.
Board has never been ridden since. Wheels are currently on Brad’s board.

V3 Front Drive Sept 2018. Luke stepped on this board first time day before World Cup. Made the finals after 5 rounds of eliminators. Track record.

Jason Lucier wins Barrett, wins BakO10 doing 52mph uphill. Then brakes the all time standup record at Mary-Hill going uphill on International Downhill Federation timing. That’s faster than any Pro Downhill racer EVER went at Mary-Hill.

V-4 Is the 2020 model RWD semi drop. I made one for a fellow racer and one for myself.
Testing was promising. It should race better then the V3.

NKP 3-link didn’t just happen. It is a well thought out and race proven design.
I can’t expect most people would understand how much time and work went in to the making of this truck.
When you work at somthing with passion it becomes personal.

I’m not here to tell Luke what to do. He can try to convince himself he is doing right, I would hope ya’all would know better.

@evoheyax sent me this draft of his rendering
On April 6th. Clearly has no concept of function. If you cant see the problem you should probably not be making this either.

This one will work but end bad as well. Also Poor concept of Function.

Once again voicing my concerns. I neither Condone or Support Luke and Hummies 3link Capital Venture.

As always feel free to DIY the NKP 3link.

There are wood board 3links I make. Some I have given away some I sold.
Plans are to put them in production when the demand is right. I have had an open inquiry list For the NKP-3link since May 2019 and filled several orders. If you are interested shoot me a message.

IMG_20190811_084843

25 Likes

This is utter perfection of what a race board should look like!

making (fabricating) the truck is the easy part! understanding it making it work correctly is where the hard part is!

10 Likes

Thank you for providing a deeper backstory, it is truly history and I am honored to be part of it. Looking forward to what the future brings!

16 Likes

I would highly recommend that anyone interested contacts @MoeStooge to be put on the waiting list. He is a great guy and through it all he had constant communication with me. He told me how far back in the line I was, estimated timeframes, and has worked with me to make my board the way I want it.

I’m not sure if everyone gets this but Moe isn’t here to make money, he has a price that some might think of high but from my experience is actually relatively low, especially for the level of quality of the parts I and many other people have gotten from him. This is his passion and not his day job.

He has shed light on tons of racers when he could have easily sat back and just raced with his equipment and waited for people to catch up. I mean he let a man (Mario) race in his leather on his personal board because he believed in him. If that’s not commitment to growing the sport in every possible way I don’t know what is. What Moe posted above shows how hard he has worked on 3links and how he has made them improve. I know I’m rambling on but hey, I really do believe that Moe is one of the unspoken heroes in the Esk8 world… Hopefully all I wrote makes sense, I don’t really feel like checking it…

P.s. (Moe, is the other 2020 board for Mario to race on or another rider? If so who?)

P.P.S @RipTideSports aka Brad is the god when it comes to bushings, hands down

10 Likes

Interested–put me on the list brother. :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

5 Likes